Chapter 7: Physical Contact

Days passed ever since I got that nightmare. I made it my responsibility to never go to sleep at night again, but that decision keeps beating me up over and over. I only go to sleep during the day, when I have time to, it was really hard. It was taking a toll on my body.

We all took a seat on our usual table, I sighed and I slowly feel fatigue overcome me. I yawned as Mikasa placed bread and soup in front of me. I was hungry, but I was leaning a little bit more towards sleepy.

"Are you okay, Riza? You seem a little tired"Armin asked as he observed me. I was trying hard not to close my eyes as I chewed on the bread.

No shit Sherlock

"Have you been getting any sleep lately?"Eren asked. I gave him a yawn to confirm his suspicion. Guilty as charged.

"You ask like you don't remember my number one flaw"I eyed Eren, giving him a weak attempt of a glare, he raised his eyebrows at me. Majestic eyebrows...

"Rebellious Nature?"He questioned, uncertain of his words. Normally I would scoff and smack him in the head, but no....too tired for that shit.

"No you dumb ass, I don't sleep in the right hours remember? I can't sleep at night"I reminded him. Before he can answer, my eyes became traitors and embraced the dark side. Everything slowly went black and I lost the power to control my eye lids, the only thing that I heard was:

"It's okay, let her sleep"

[Time Skip]

I woke up with the feeling of being shaken awake, my eyes quickly snapped open and I flinched at the sensation. My gaze went from inspecting my body, to the person that woke me. I scanned my surroundings to see that I was still in the dining hall. 

Phew, I'm still alive.

"Oh, you're awake"I followed the gentle voice to see Him. He smiled at me and I was contemplating whether or not should I return the gesture.

"Y-you scared me"I said, I sighed and then I realized the sudden disappearance of everyone in the dining hall. I looked around frantically for any signs of other human beings.

Did an apocalypse happen or something while I was asleep?

"They're outside, we should also probably go there too before the commander notices our absence" He said as if he read my mind. He stood up and stretched his legs and I followed his actions and we walked outside.

And then that's when a thought occurred to me.

"How were you able to know I was there, sleeping?"I asked him as I tailed his actions. He was really tall, that or I'm seriously short. 5'6 is a good number, right? I hope so.

"I went back because a friend of mine said that he left something valuable, I checked to see if it was here, but when I came l that I saw was you, sleeping. Sorry if I disturbed you"He said, avoiding my steady gaze.

"Dude, are you kidding? If you didn't woke me up, I would've been personally killed by the commander! I'm already on top of his hit list, slacking off would've made it worse"I said, sighing. He looks like that he was humored by my answer. I can see a smile form in his lips as I walk beside him.

Little did he know how contagious his smile is, before I knew it, I was smiling myself.

We stopped when we finally joined the crowd that formed around the commander. I avoided the swaying hands and constant movement the crowd did, placing myself in the most spacious area possible.

I hate cramped spaces.

"You really don't like physical contact that much?"He questioned. I ignored him and kept my gaze on the commander.