Chapter 24: Heavy Breathing

I went down my horse when I reached the town, I grabbed Lorietta by her reins as I manuevered around the crowds carefully.

I was new to the town, unsure of where to go, but luckily I noticed two men wearing Survey Corps uniforms and I immediately went to them.

"Umm....excuse me" I started, the two of them turned to me, the other looked familiar to my eyes.

"Hey, you're the Captain's sister, right?" The familiar man said, looking at me with interest.

"Yeah, sorry to bother you, but do you know where my sister is? I need to speak with her" I said, looking expectantly at them. The other man looked at me with a wary gaze and I tried to keep my composure underneath his stare.

He's suspicious of my actions.

"Aren't you the girl with the titan shifter?" The man who eyed me suspiciously asked and I nodded as a honest response.

"Yeah, Captain Levi gave me permission to visit the First Lieutenant before the mission this afternoon" I said, shrugging my nerves off.

"Okay, come with us. You're lucky we usually are only active during expeditions" The familiar guy said, referring to Combat and Control.

"My name is Tom, that's Brad over there" He introduced, grinning at me and I returned the gesture. 

"Rizabeth Armsel, call me Riza"I said and the three of us started to walk towards the south of the town.

We went through the place, they casually greeted the civilians we passed. It seems like they're well accustomed to these people. They probably spend time around here a lot.

We finally arrived to our destination. There was another castle-like structure before me, it was bigger than the one Levi Squad was stationed at.

Much much bigger.

It was very distant to the town, making it very serene and quite outside, but you can see the busy soldiers stationed around the area and some were rushing in and out of its doors.

Tom chuckled at my amazed expression, while Brad just continued walking ahead of us, greeting the guards on patrol outside.

"You need to excuse Bradley, not a lot of people in the Survey Corps like the idea of taking care of the titan shifter and you. Some of us just aren't as open minded as the Commander" He apologized, and I nodded.

I could've done the same if I was in your position.

"So, y'all currently stationed here?" I asked as we walked towards the doors.

"Yep, close enough to all stations of the squads the Survey Corps has. We're the central command. The purpose of Special Combat and Control Squad is to anticipate and take control of the situation before us and supply manpower, resources, intelligence and target status to the other squadrons. Usually we're used for back up and communication. The soldiers who are skilled with stealth, techniques, ODM gear maneuvering, strategic thinking and analyzing situations are personally handpicked by your sister to be a part of all this. 15 members in total" He said, opening the big double doors before us.

Geez, I only asked why you're stationed here, not a full description....

"Sorry about that, I tend to blabber a lot when it comes to things I really like. It's just that nice here in SCCS" He said, chuckling to himself, while I scanned the interior of the building.

The place was practically filled with people buzzing around everywhere, I'm guessing that the other squadrons are stationed here as well.

"The main floor for Combat and Control is in the fourth and fifth" He said, going up the stairs.