Chapter 16: Best Friends

I couldn't believe my eyes, he was there. He was unconscious, but he was there. I stood frozen in place as I stared wide-eyed at his figure. The others went down to grab him out, and I watched with so many questions running through my head, but this time, they were answered.

He's a titan shifter.

But how?

That, I cannot answer, he never told me, he never told any of us. Did he just got it? I don't understand.

My mind is scattered all over the place, my tears are threatening to pour out, this time more will come out.

I watched with widened eyes as Reiner and Armin tried to cut around the titan flesh that remained attached to Eren and they brought him bacj  to where we were.

They placed his body in front of me. Mikasa and Armin knelt down before him, Mikasa was hugging him tight as she cried on his shirt, while Armin intertwined their fingers and cried. I managed to move, I fell on my knees and I faced him, I cried and cried. I wanted to hold him, I want to cry on his shoulders or grip on his shirt, but I was terrified, so I just cried and embraced myself, my nails digging on my skin as I looked at his peaceful face.

He's here, he's right in front of me. He's breathing, he's alive. My best friend is alive, he's not dead, he never was. I looked at Eren, I looked at Mikasa and Armin, we all held the same expression, it was filled with joy and disbelief.

I covered my mouth with my hand and sobbed into it, tears cascaded down our faces as we looked at him.

I thought I lost you.

"Damn you Jaeger" I whispered as I looked at him, I want to, I want to tug on his shirt and embrace him as tight as I can. I thought he was dead, I thought I'd never see him again. I thought....

"You scared me" I whispered a little louder.

Eren...

[Flash back]

"Armin!" I stopped on my tracks and turned towards the direction where I heard the voice.

I entered an alleyway to see a blonde kid getting beaten up by a bunch of other kids. I noticed a brown haired kid running his way, his figure says that he's ready to fight. I shouldn't be here. Wait-

Isn't that Dr. Jaeger's kid? What was his name again?

I watched the scene unfold from the other end of the alleyway. He was getting beaten up to save the kid. I frowned at this, I contemplated whether or not I should help. It is for the other kid's sake, right? Don't bullies deserve to get punished?

Well yeah, but would I risk getting myself in trouble for a couple of strangers?

Why not?

I turned to the kid, he was outnumbered, he has already gotten quite a lot of hits, but I was impressed at how he managed to deal a lot of damage to the other kids and be able to still stand up despite the fact that he looks like a potato right now that's about to turn into mush.

"Hey! Need any help?" I shouted from the other side of the alley. All their heads snapped towards ny direction and some of them looked at me with criticism.

"Hah, what's a girl going to do?" One of the kids insulted and my eye twitched at it.

"Wow, you actually need a girl to back you up? Hahahaha" They all threw insults at me, I was starting to get pissed. Actually no -I was pissed.

"Hey you sexist assholes!" The moment those words exited my mouth, I almost immediately knew that I was going to regret it, but it was too late to take it back.