Chapter 13: Death Is The Hardest Goodbye

I recovered from my state of shock and laughed at myself for thinking such rubbish things. Friends also kiss each other on the cheek, I see Armin and Eren do it once, I shouldn't get so worked up on that.

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking?

I laughed again, but this time it has a hint of bitterness. I walked back to HQ and looked around my surroundings, the officers haven't called me yet, I guess I reached my quota earlier. Looks like my break is extended. I walked to the corner of the building where there was a big window that looked over the whole district, it wasn't exactly a window, since it didn't have glass on it, just a big square on the wall. 

I looked down on the village below me, smiling at how peaceful it is, it reminded me of Shiganshina, specially when I saw four kids play and chase one another, it reminded me of my childhood. How time passed us by so fast, its almost depressing. 

The calm and silent wind suddenly blew hard and my hair flew along with it. Somehow I find that wind familiar, but I refused to think further on the subject. I don't want to open up old wounds again, but I guess someone opened them for me. I continued to look outside, but my gaze was no longer fixed on the children, it was fixed on the walls. 

Thunder and gushing wind burst while I stood still, my eyes transfixed on the walls and what now appeared behind them. My fingers trembled and my eyes widened at the sight. 

Everything was familiar, so familiar. I've been in this condition before, 5 years ago to be exact. 

"What happened?"

"Thunder and lightning during this hour? Is that possible?" 

"What's going on?!" Confused shouts from the soldiers behind me filled the room, as they continued to scrabble and walk behind me, while I stood there, knowing what's going on. 

"He's back. It's happening again"I voiced out, stopping everyone from their panicking. I stared at the familiar figure that stood beyond the walls, I remember it clearly, I will never let myself forget about that day. My inner demons won't let me, the flashbacks never let me go. The nightmares are slowly coming true. 

"Is that?! Holy Shit someone call the officers!"Everyone began to shuffle and panic again, while I stared at the Colossal titan from my view. I froze, my body didn't move. Everything was repeating itself again, is it another nightmare? When did I fall asleep?! It's morning right?! 

"Sir, there are trainees stationed there!"Those words were enough to snap me out of my trance.

Eren

"Sir, what are your orders?"I asked, he looked at all of us, he was the highest ranking official in the room at the moment and he looked at all of us with panic and nervousness. Then he finally cleared his throat. 

"Sherwin, your squad should go to them and tell them to come back here immediately! Check to see if anyone needs medical attention! Try as much as possible to keep the titans off the city. You tell the Garrison to evacuate everyone immediately"He commanded. Those words were not aimed at me, so I stood there waiting, then the high ranking officer looked at me and the other soldiers beside me. 

"You three, inform the others and prepare for battle, if this is really happening, then the events that happened five years ago will repeat itself, we need to fight to make sure that it won't happen again. Go cadets!"He commanded, we saluted and I quickly went down the stairs to the lower levels while the others went to the upper and middle levels. 

"Everyone, prepare for battle. The Colossal titan is here!"I shouted, they all looked shock and worried filled their eyes, I didn't need to repeat myself, it looks like they got the message, I went down a level again.