Chapter 17: Retake of Trost

"You haven't changed, as big as you are, you still have guts of a fawn" I looked at the man with appreciation as he insulted the commander.

Finally, someone like me in this wretched society.

"Commander Pixis?"Commander Weilman said.

Pixis? What a weird name...

"Can't you see how magnificent his salute is?" He said, looking at Armin. The smoke around us has finally cleared and the skeleton has collapsed and evaporated.

"I have just arrived, but the situation has already been appointed to me" Pixis said.

Finally, someone in the right mind! He can save us from this mess, he can make a fair judgement!

"You go organize the soldiers" He dismissed him. Commander Weilman looked at him as if he was crazy.

Truth is, both of them were.

"I think it'd be a worth while to see what they have to say" Pixis said.

[Time Skip]

Commander Pixis went with us to the top of Trost's inner gate. He was drinking while observing the titans on the other side.

I couldn't help but be thirsty for a drink right now. He sighted and leaned forward, looking down at the titans trying to pass through the gate.

"I still haven't seen one" I directed my attention to him. He took another swing and sighted.

"I don't mind getting eaten, as long as it's by a hot female titan" He said.

....
....

Pervert. I don't believe and I refuse to believe that he is the highest ranking officer in the southern region.

"Now about your plan to reseal the wall" He started, turning towards us. We all turned to Armin, who gulped under the presence of our gaze.

"Yeah, umm. I thought about the giant boulder from earlier, I think it is big enough to reseal the wall, we can use Eren's titan shifting ability to seal the wall"Armin said. I turned my attention to Eren who was looking at their exchange in disbelief.

"Can you do it?"Pixis asked him.

"I'm not sure if I can, sir" Eren said.

"I'm sorry, I asked the wrong question. Are you willing to do it?"He asked with a sly smile.

"Yes sir! I'm not sure if I may be able to do it, but I will do it"Eren said.

"Well said, you're a very good man" The commander grinned. He then turned to the other direction.

"Staff officers, assemble! Prepare to strategize"He shouted as he waved his hand in the air.

"Huh? What? Seriously? Calling this plan 'optimistic' would be an understatement. How can we just go along with it?" Armin said in disbelief.

"Well, we don't have much of a choice. Trying this plan is better than getting killed by canon fire in every angle you put it. We should trust the commander and your plan, though he is quite...eccentric"I muttered.

"I agree with you on that one. I'd prefer this over what happened earlier. I'd be pointless to question his decision. I'm certain that commander Pixis can see something we can't" Eren said.

"Something we can't see?"Armin questioned.

"Besides, there's already a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan. I'm sure the commander is fully aware of that. The titans aren't only our enemies" Eren muttered.