Chapter 12: Graduation Gift

"Okay cadets, here's your top ten! from 10 to 1! Listen up because I won't repeat myself to you shitheads!"The commander shouted. Everyone lined up and stood still, masking the eagerness and nervousness in our faces. I shouldn't be nervous since I wasn't aiming for the MP's, but I still wish to be on the top.

Come on, who doesn't? Seriously, if I ain't in the list....that means this thing is rigged!

"Top ten: Krista Lenz!"

"Nice one! That's my Krista"Ymir cheered as she and Krista high-fived. Krista went up the stage and stood there with disbelief and pride, while I was fidgeting with my hands from the nervousness I'm feeling. 

All my hard work, all my sacrifices, everything I went through...it all amounts to this. How can I not be nervous?

"Top nine: Sasha Blouse!"The commander shouted and a smile appeared on my face. 

"Wohooo! I got in!"Sasha celebrated. A lot of gasps and disbelief filled the air. I can taste the bitterness from here. Damn!

"Nice one, Sash!"I shouted, cheering her on. 

"What?! No way! How did Potato girl got in?" A bunch of bitter jerks ask while Sasha just did her victory dance as she went up to claim her place next to Krista. 

If Sasha got in, that means I also did....right? Please tell me that I did!

"Top eight: Connie Springer!"

"Nice one Connie!"Sasha high-fived him and so did all his bro's. Okay, this is starting to get nerve-racking as seconds pass. 

"Top seven: Marco Bott!"

"Yay! Go Marco!"I cheered and a few others congratulated him, including his best friend, Jean. I was practically trembling from nervousness, I'm just masking it with a grin. 

"Top six: Jean Kirstein"

........................................

"Boo!"I said, he turned to me and gave me a glare while I just made funny faces at him and he got pissed and turned his head the other way, going up the stage. His expression says that he expected to rank higher, too bad. When the commander announced the upper half of the top, I instantly became more nervous than I already was....if it was possible. 

"Top five: Eren Jaeger"I cheered upon hearing his name, I watch him take is place on the stage next to Jean, while Jean looked pissed as hell. I was practically biting my finger nails on this one.

There's no way I ranked higher than Eren...

Maybe I missed something? I think I've passed every requirements and I aced the tests, at least most of them, but my grades were high. How come? Does conduct affect my grades? Maybe the commander computed them wrong or maybe he forgot about me....

That's pretty impossible. 

"Top four: Annie Leonhart"

Yep, there's no way I ranked higher than Annie. Come on! How am I going to compare to someone like her? Perhaps this thing is rigged. The commander must hate me so much that he decided to take it out on my grades!

I better prepare law suits for this...

" And Rizabeth Armsel"Wait what?

What the fuck? What just happened? Say what now? Uhuh...... How can this happen? I am....tied with Annie? 

Shit I think I peed myself or something...

"A tie? How can there be a tie?" - a stupid person ask.