Chapter 15: Hope In Death

After a few moments of recovery, the cadets decided that grieving over the sudden loss of their comrade can happen later, for now they have to think of whatever they can do to get to the basement and resupply there, though some were still shocked about her sudden disappearance, they tried their best to keep it together for the sake of their lives. They continued and planned their next motive.

"First we'll use the lift to lower a large number of people to the center of the chamber. Next they'll fire directly into the faces of all seven titans at once. We'll blind them" Armin planned, rethinking every detail, checking every possibility. It isn't fool proof, but it will suffice -at least I think it will.

"The next instance will decide everything. Seven other people hiding near the ceiling will swoop down to attack their weak spots while they're blind. In other words, if we follow this plan we'll be gambling everything on this single attack. The whole point is for seven people to kill all seven titans simultaneously. The seven people should be the most physically capable ones. They'll be the ones who'll shoulder everyone's lives. Sorry" He said as he lowered his gaze, feeling guilty of giving them too much responsibility and the others detected it too.

"No problem"Reiner said, reassuring him with a small smile.

"If it fails, all of us will die. The risk is the same" Annie said, her cold eyes staring into his blue ones. She wasn't worried in the slightest, and her monotonous expression said it all.

"But, I'm a nobody, is my plan really the best option?" Armin asked, looking at everyone with uncertainty.

"We've got no other choices except your plan. There's no time left to think. This idea is our only shot. Now we just need to give everything we've got" Marco said, giving Armin a reassuring smile.

Even when it comes to on-the-spot thinking, Armin will always be your guy to count on. The plan may not be perfect, but it was the best when it comes to quick thinking.

"You know if Riza was here, she would verbally shake you awake to make you see how good you are. She would say something about stop being such a woman and open your eyes -or something like that" Sasha laughed awkwardly, sadness lingered in her words. Armin looked at her and nodded, he knows that is what Riza would do right now, she always complained why Armin never appreciates himself or see that he's special, it irritated her and it often leads to teasing, scolding and a very long speech. A very terrible speech..

"Don't worry, be confident. You've got a talent for reasoning out and finding the best solution" Mikasa said. Armin was surprised to hear this, he used to hear this a lot, but he never really got used to the words.

He made himself think that the compliments he receives were a form of exaggeration and flattery, but now, he's starting to think twice.

"That intuition has saved my life before, Eren's too and I'm sure that it also saved Riza's" Mikasa continued and Armin's head shot up with disbelief, raising an eyebrow at her with confusion.

"Huh, when?" Armin wondered.

The lift has been opened, cutting their conversation short. They all prepared and grabbed their guns and blades, some went to the lift to take position, while the others went to the other entrance and went down the stairs.

"Can we really kill the titans without our 3D maneuver gear?"Connie doubted, staring at his slightly dulling blades. Can we really do it? Can I REALLY do it?

"Sure we can, we're only up against 3-4 meter class titans. It's easy to target their weak spot, just take a leap and slice" Reiner reassured.

"Who cares how big they are? It's always the same spot on the nape of the neck"Jean scoffed at all of them while Reiner mentally rolled his eyes at him.