Epilogue

Book 1: Epilogue~Always and Forever

[Third Person POV]

The woman sighs, a smile on her lips as she closed the book before her, putting her pen down. Her wrinkles showed age and some parts of her hair are already grey. She places her good hand on the desk before her, using it as support as she hoists herself up with her legs weak from an unknown illness.

"Mom, wait!" Her son shouted after her. From the door way, he rushes to her, with concern on his face. 

Once she seated comfortably, the old woman smiles at her son, her heart falling in a steady pace. She brushed her hand against his cheek, her eyes showing sorrow. Knowing what she's telling him despite her silence, he nods at her, tears on the corner of his eye and his lips quivered.

"I love you mom" her son says, his voice breaking as he entrapped her in his embrace.

"I love you too Bertolt" she says, smiling at her adopted son. The name slipped out of her tongue in ease, an indication that naming him after one of the greatest people she has ever known wasn't a mistake and will never be.

The 16 year old started to push her wheelchair gently, showing his mother outside their house. There revealed a beautiful scenery of a meadow outstretched before them, resembling the one she and her sister used to pick flowers from.

"Rizabeth, how are you?" One of the caretakers greeted, lowering her hat as she greeted the old woman. Riza smiles at her, nodding her head, but inside, she can feel herself weakening.

Oh how she wishes that her friends would be here. It would be nice to say goodbye to them, just one last time. She tells herself that the letters would have to do.

Sad to say that most of them have already departed much long ago before she did. The terror that happened decades ago is still fresh on her mind, travesty to travesty took away their lives until only a few remained to grow old to live each day to remember and she didn't want to forget.

Deep inside, Riza is happy that she thought to keep a journal with her throughout those years, taking note of everything that happened and everything she thought. Now, even if they all parted, their memories will remain, preserved by a beautiful story that she kept close in her heart.

She has taken her time rewriting everything, now its time to share it with the world.

"Do you want to go to father?" Her son asked and she nods her head, smiling. They both bid the caretaker goodbye as she gets wheeled away into the forest.

Should I take note that she has a satchel where her book is in?/

Tall trees, green grass and the sound of the animals greeted them when they entered. Rizabeth suddenly points to a tree not far from them, a beautiful red ribbon tied to it as a mark.

"Its there" she said with a flaky voice, but then, she let out a series of thick coughs and her breathing became heavy.

"Mom! Mom! Are you okay?!" Little Bertolt asks, patting his mother's back as she heaved out another nasty cough. She lowers her head as she struggles to steady her breaths.

Bertolt quickly grabbed her satchel to fetch her inhaler, but once he handed it to her, she raised her hand, refusing to take it.

"Mom please, don't be stubborn!" Bertolt pleads, insisting on the inhaler as he is watching his mother struggle to breath.

However, Riza shakes her head, taking in a deep breath and once her breathing stabilized she ushers Bertolt to come close to her. Obeying this, he walks towards her, only to have his ears suffer a round of pinching.