Chapter 20: Slowly Suffocating

Third Person POV

Commander Pixis and Commander Erwin are taking a morning stroll on top of Wall Rose to discuss important manners regarding the events that took place in Trost two days ago.

"Are you aware of the fact that the Military Police Brigade wants to keep custody of Eren Jaeger?" Commander Pixis asks, briefly turning his head towards Erwin, who nodded his head as an answer.

"Yes, we've just received word of it Yesterday. Apparently, a trial will be held" Erwin replied.

"The Survey Corps or the Military Police Brigade? Zackly has been entrusted with deciding who he will go to" Pixis said, a hint of a smile evident on his face. This intrigued Erwin.

"Zackly? As in Supreme Commander, Darius Zackly?" Erwin questioned.

"Yes, and he only has one judging criteria: Pros versus Cons, whether something is beneficial to mankind or not, if he's convinced of the latter, he'll dispose of Eren without hesitation, right then and there" not a hint of fear or worry is found in Pixis' tone.

"Now I don't want him to dispose of Eren, but unfortunately, there are many amongst the Garrison that fears Eren's powers. Do you think you have a shot?" Pixis dared, finally facing Erwin completely.

"No" Erwin said. Pixis smiled at his bluntness.

"I do, however have a proposal I can make. Its viability, however, depends on the progression of the trial" Erwin added.

"In other words, this'll be a game of chance?"Pixis asked.

"It's a game my men and I are well aquainted with" Erwin said confidently. Pixis chuckled at him.

Expect nothing less from the Commander of the Survey Corps.

"Then I guess there's more to you than I thought. Well, here's a tip for you, Erwin" Commander Erwin looked at him with curiosity. He passed Pixis' test, he is now qualified to know information about a certain someone.

"There's a girl in the 104th Cadets that seems to know about Titan Shifting. Her name is Rizabeth Armsel, the name is familiar to you, I presume" Commander Pixis said.

"Yes, she shares the last name of one of my Lieutenants. Did she tell you how she obtained that information?" Erwin asked, completely interested. Why didn't her sister, Daniella, didn't tell him?

"Yes, she said that it came from her deceased father as stories. I hope you this helps you" Pixis said, turning away from Erwin.

"Now, I must be on my way" He said, waving a hand as he retreated, leaving Commander Erwin to his own thoughts.

The younger sister of Daniella Armsel. I wonder why my Lieutenant kept this from me.

First Person POV

The day when Eren gave humanity it's first victory, was the day humanity imprisoned him. The irony of the situtaton deserves a great facepalm. As much as the three of us disapprove of the situation, we can't mingle on government manners.

Eren is in the hands of the military now.

The three of us ate quietly in the dinning hall in for Cadets in Trost, we were no longer stationed in the Training Area. I miss the place and it's crisp air.

"What do you think will happen to Eren?" Mikasa asks.

"Honestly, I have no idea" I said as I finished eating.

"Do you think they'll keep him there forever?"She asks.

"No, even if they do, a set of bars wont be able to stand against him. Let's just hope he's doing fine and they're giving him the luxury he deserves. He did save Trost and gave humanity its first victory. They better show him some gratitude" I spat.