Chapter 19: Sisters

Yellow, that was the color that painted the sky, that was the color of the smoke that sored through the air. The mission was a success.

I used my ODM gear to get to Eren and position myself on his shoulder. His head turned to look at who was the one giving weight on it, but he relaxed when it was me.

"You did it Jeager, because of you, humanity has achieved victory"I whispered only for him to hear. I can't see it, but I know that he's smiling underneath this titan flesh.

"We're going to get you out now, okay?"I said, he didn't respond, but Armin already made his way to Eren's nape and he cut through it.

"Let me help"I said, also cutting around Eren's body. The skin went off, revealing Eren stuck in the titan's flesh. I cut through the flesh as Armin yanked him off of it. The heat the titan carcass was emitting was unbearable, I can't believe he was able to withstand that amount of heat in there.

"How's Eren doing, Armin?" Mikasa shouted, looking up at us.

"He's feverish due to the unbearable amount of heat in here! We need to get him to the wall as fast as possible!" Armin shouted back.

"Damn it! The heat is dulling my blades!" I shouted, replacing my partially melted blades.

"Riza, you have to cut it deeper!"Riko shouted.

"But what if I accidentally cut his limbs off!?"I shouted back, she clicked her tongue behind me in annoyance.

"Fine! I'll do it myself"She said.

"Riko! Wait-"Mikasa said. The titan flesh was already cut from Eren and thankfully, all of his limbs are still attached. Armin succesfully got him off and I sighted, but two shadows loomed over us and we stared in horror at the hand that drew nearer.

"Riza! Armin!"Mikasa shouted.

I withdraw my blades, about to strike at least one down, but at the blink of an eye, both of them fell in defeat. Nothing but the light of the sun reflecting his sword was seen.

Humanity's Strongest Soldier

"Mikasa...."I snapped my head to the conscious Eren.

"That's..."She trailed off.

"The wings of freedom"Eren said.

"The Scouting Regiment" I breathed out as I stared at his cape that flew with the wind. He turned to us with a dead panned expression.

"Ey you brats, care to tell me what's going on" He said in a bored tone, staring the four of us down.

I like him better when he was insulting people.

*******

After that, the Recon Corps and the Garrison Soldiers worked hand in hand on clearing Trost of titans. It took us an entire day to clean the district. 897 soldiers are injured while more than 200 soldiers were either dead or missing in action. Though that this was humanity's first victory..

The lives payed in exchange was far too many.

Two days have passed, and we were still collecting the corpses of the fallen soldiers. I have collected 21 bodies and a lot of scattered limbs, it was disturbing, specially when you know whose body you were dragging. No mask can uncover the foul stench of their decomposing bodies and no therapy can make me forget it.

"Cadet Armsel, Squad Leader Daniella is asking for your presence" A man from the scouting regiment said. I nodded at him and I followed.

"Are you related to her? You two share the same last name and you two look alike" He asked.