Chapter 18: Revelation

Red. it emerged from the surface and entered the sky. Something happened, something must've happened.

Red is for failure and danger.

It was the color of the smoke that they launched and it worried me to no end. What happened?

It has been 10 minutes since the elite squad send the green smoke, to launch a red one too early on, something must have gone wrong.

"Armsel where are you going?!" My superior asked me, I clicked my tongue at him and I stared him down.

"I'm going to help my best friends" I said and I left my station without any other thought nor hesitation.

I'm going towards their direction from the furthest side of the wall, can I do it? Yes I can. Even if I can't then I'll just deal with it and think of a solution. I've already went too far in to divert my path.

Titans, that's all I can see in my line of vision, if I look down, I'll see nothing but debris and fallen soldiers, usually I'll look up to the sky because it looks so peaceful even if eveything on earth is crumbling.

But now I'll face the problem head on.

I made it to the roof where Mikasa stood on top on. She was staring at Eren's titan figure as smoke came out of his fists and head.

"Did he?.. What happened?"I asked, looking at Eren's smoking Titan form.

He's literally smoking, not the other definition.

"H-he lost control over himself, he lunged at me two times. I don't know what's wrong"Mikasa whispered.

"Riza, what do I do?"Mikasa asked, her eyes looking expectantly at me. I was nervous under her gaze and I diverted my attention to Eren and the titans that the elite squad are killing.

"Damn it, Jaeger" I whispered.

"Way to give all the responsibility to me again" I sighted. Mikasa raised her eyebrow at me with confusion. I returned her gaze with a confident look.

"Eren is...he's lost in the depths of his mind, we need to snap him out of it and remind him what he's doing here"I said, my grip on the blades became tighter, suddenly a wire was shot at the nape of Eren's neck just as Mikasa left to kill the titan near Eren.

"Armin-" I was cut off.

"Mikasa, Riza what happened to Eren? Why's he like this?!" Armin asked.

"He lost control and I tried reasoning with him, but he wouldn't listen. It would be pointless to try!" Mikasa shouted.

"And the plan?" Armin asked again, looking up at us.

"It failed. We cant just leave Eren, so we're fighting. The titans have overwhelmed us with numbers!" Mikasa replied.

"It's because he isn't listening. He can't hear you underneath all that titan flesh"I said. That was when Armin drew his blades as he stared at the titan's nape.

"Armin, what are you doing?!" Mikasa shouted, I held her back by her scarf, preventing her to take a step further.

1 meter long, ten centimeters wide

"I'm going to get him out of here. Mikasa, Riza, get the titans away from here" Armin comanded us.

"He came out of the titan's nape earlier, that could be involved with the true nature of a titan. It's okay, as long as I avoid the center, everything will be okay" I gasped at his words and he jabbed the sword into the titan's nape.

He came out of a titan's nape...It might be involved with the true nature of the titans?

You don't mean...