Chapter 32: My Letters To You

I placed my saddle on Lorietta, sighing to myself as she tried to shake it off. Looks like she's not in the mood for a ride. I tried again, but she just let out a huff and before I knew it, my ass was aching due to the impact of my butt hitting the ground.

"Argh! Come on Lorietta. Now is not the time for horse play" Pun was intended and if you have a problem with that...then continue living your life.

I tugged on her reins again, trying to drag her out of the stables, but it was to no avail. I bet I looked ridiculous when I did that, since my body is so small compared to a fully grown horse. This is so stupid, she won't budge!

I tried to place the saddle on her again, trying to buckle it as fast as I can, but my attempts were futile and I ended up on the ground again. This time, I was covered with hay. The sound of tongue-clicking caught my ears and I swung around, facing a small man looking at me with an annoyed gaze.

"Oh -Hey Captain Levi" I greeted, turning my back again. Come on Lorietta! Don't embarrass me in front of the Captain.

"I see you're having trouble. Your horse is in no condition for you to ride on" He said, crossing his arms at me with a bored look. Look at him, being the bastard he is.

"Did you even check your horse's health before yanking her like that?" and that was when my eyes snapped towards him and he sighed, knowing what the look I was giving him means. Nope, not at all because I'm too pumped to get to Trost already!

"You better stop yanking her then. Someone might file an animal abuse case against you" He said, eyeing my hand that is firmly gripping on Lorietta's reins. I immediately dropped my hands to my sides, knowing that Captain Levi is right. I'll give you this verbal fight for now, Levi.

"What can I use to get to Trost then?" I asked, eyeing him from head to toe.

"Well, seeing how you treated your house a few seconds ago, then there's no way I'll let you use mine, However..." He trailed off, a split second glint of sadness flashed across his eyes. It made me nervous and it started to cause my gut to churn.

"Your sister's is in full capacity. Seeing as it no longer has any rider.....I suppose you can use her horse" He said, turning his heel. Oh so that's why he was sad for a second there.

I sighed to myself, watching his back as he retreated to the Survey Corp's HQ building. I started looking for the person in charge of the stables, since that Captain Ness is....-well dead, that means that the position is with someone else and I was not listening when the Commander assigned people new positions.

Typical of me, I know.

I turned around the corner to see a man wearing a Survey Corps uniform, feeding the horses quietly. He probably felt my eyes on him, because he spun around, raising an eyebrow at me. It was probably weird, staring at a stranger's back for too long that they noticed.

"Hey -uh. Do you know where my sister's horse is?" I asked, trying to get rid of the nervousness in my voice, which I failed on doing. The man cleared his throat, looking at me from head to toe and when he opened his mouth to talk, feelings surfaced deep within me and that wasn't good.

Not good for him at least.

"Excuse me, but who are you again?" Yep, he asked that. He asked that and you can probably hear my jaw hitting the floor heavier than a fallen anvil. I was pissed, shocked and irritated. How was I supposed to respond?

But I guess I don't have to worry about that because he already raced me to it.

"Oh yeah! You're with that titan kid. I remember now", the girl with the titan kid? Can't they think of anything original? I have a name! If it was possible, there would already be steam escaping my ears and my face would be as red as a napkin. He didn't even think of how offending his words were! He just stood there, smiling innocently with his wrinkles showing.