Chapter 33: Mirrors, Memories and Music

The door launched open and I was mentally slapped by myself to wake up from the trance I was in. I was stupid to freeze, to not take action. Brad is one of the people in the Survey Corps who hates my guts and when he sees me here that'll only spell chaos.

"Brad, what are you doing here?" Tom's voice echoed around the room and that small fleeting moment of relief got replaced with nervousness once again.

They started to chatter, which soon turned into an argument as Tom made his way around the room. I was too focused with trying not to panic to listen to their dispute. That panic inside of me slowly raised as he made his way to his table.

Fuck fuck fuckity fucking fuck!

I watched the chair get dragged as Tom took his seat. I was pretty much compressed against the spacious part of the table, trying to avoid his legs as he sat down. I gulped and my escalating heart increased as I stared at the fabric of his pants, avoiding it and concealing myself once again, on the shadow of the table.

Please leave! This is not going to end well for me.

"I have no time to argue with you Brad. I have been busy lately and I am no longer interested with what you have to say. My decision is final" Tom voiced out, making me slightly flinch at his tone. I bit my lip as I heard Brad storm out of the room, clearly pissed off.

"You'll regret this decision of yours Tomas. You're mentally compromised of taking control of SCCS" Brad continued to mutter incoherent words.

Brad's footsteps echoed around the room once more and then he slammed the door shut behind him. The panic inside of me decreased slightly. I was thankful that someone  like him is out of the room. Now I just have to figure out how to get ou-

"How long do you intend on staying underneath my desk?"

The chair is withdrawn, and Tom's eyes gazed upon my petite figure underneath the table. My breath got caught in my throat as I stared at him, eye to eye. Shit, this is bad.

Seeing my unresponsive state, he spoke again. "I know that you Armsels are sneaky but never did I thought that you were this shitty with it" something inside me clicked.

If only he knew

He stood up from his chair and offered me his hand, only for me to stare at it. Using the handle of the cutter whose blade is now hidden, I swatt his hand away and stood up, but not before bumping my head against the desk. Stupid furniture.

"I can explain" I started as I rubbed the throbbing area on my head. He stared me with a disapproving gaze. I already know that no matter what comes out of my mouth I'll still look like a criminal. His eyes are already telling me that I cant say anything that will change his view of me.

"Just tell me the truth. I'm tired of always having to believe your lies. Dont you think I've had enough?" Ouch, that kinda hurt. Is it just me or did he just become more blunt than usual? It definitely does not suit him.

But that leads me to the question. Should I or should I not tell him? The answer is pretty obvious (no), but I feel like my guts telling me to trust him. I know I've been a bad judge when it comes to character, but this time I'm certain that this is what I have to do.

To do what my sister has never done; tell the truth.

"Daniella told he to fetch something for her before she died", upon hearing this, Tom perked up. I know that saying Daniella's name will make him interested with what I have to say, so I started with that.