Chapter 38: Confess Your Sins

Sasha burst through the doors, clutching onto a message rolled out and tied. Her eyes scanned the tense room with urgency and then her eyes landed on Hanji. However, they were all too busy getting shocked at Pastor Nic's words to take note of her sudden appearance. 

'K-Krista?' -Eren

'How can it be her? Is he sure about the names he's dropping?' -Mikasa

'No, that can't be her! It can't be...' -Armin

'Who is this girl?' -Levi

"My name is Sasha Braus from the 104th! I have a message for the faction Commander" Sasha announced, her tone radiating with nervousness. No one acknowledges her presence. She gulped, her job seems more difficult that she thought. 

"Does any of you know of the name Krista?" Hanji asked, her eyes going through everyone in the room. Apparently, it passed Sasha's figure with ease. 

"She's one of us, a soldier of the 104th" Mikasa said, breaking the tension with a monotonous tone.

"Yeah and she's always with this girl Ymir" Eren said, unsure if contributing to this conversation is the right thing to do. A part of him thinks that it is, but there is that nagging side of him telling him no. 

"Well she has golden blonde hair and...she's cute?" Armin said, unsure whether or not his response was helpful. At least he gave a description of her physical characteristics, right?

"Well if she's a soldier of the 104th then she's far inside the front lines as we speak" Their mouths parted to gasp at Hanji and Eren wasted no time to leave the room, dashing towards the exit. Straight to Sasha. 

"Then we should hurr-", pain registered on Eren's forehead and he clutched it as an attempt to control the pain. His eyes opened a little to see Sasha who was injured because of his impulsive actions.

Sasha rubbed her head, muttering a complaint. Her eyes soon went to the people around her who has finally set their attention onto her. Her eyes widened with realization once she remembered the message given to her.

"I have a message to the section commander!" Sasha shouted, holding out her hand that has the rolled paper. Hanji immediately took interest on it and grabbed the message from her.

"Good girl" Hanji grinned, tossing Sasha a potato and she fetched it with a big smile on her face. An expression that shows appreciation and gratitude. Damn, she was so hungry when she came there and based on her expression,  a friendship has been sealed with food. 

********

Riza ventured around the castle ruins, scavenging for food or anything to eat. She silently prayed that if ever they would find cans, a can opener would also come around. She was able to spot a few cans a few minutes ago, but she doesn't trust the dent marking its side, much less the rust that is raising tarnished alarms.

"Food, where are you food?" She called, as if those goods would respond. 

At this rate, she'll open those cans even if they're expired since ancient times. Its either that or cannibalism. Neither option looks good. Its tempting though. 

"All that I have is a canister filled with dingy water and a bag of possibly poisonous cans. Great, just great. I should've packed something, any kind of food or biscuit. I'll even settle for a moldy piece of bread!" She exclaimed, flashing her light around the room she came across. It looks like some kind of stock room. Hopefully its some kind of food storage or something to help her growling stomach.