Chapter 23: Familiar Faces

Today was supposed to be the day the newly graduates of the 104th Training Corps are picking their military fraction, since that my application was granted early by the Survery Corps (All thanks to Eren and his titan form) I no longer need to go through the speeches, the ceremony and the pressure.

Truth be told, I'm nervous. I know that Mikasa and Armin are surely going to join the Survey Corps, but what about the others? What would they think about the Survey Corps? Are they weird and crazy enough to join?

Well actually...

Yes. Yes, they are

"Hey Eren, are you nervous?" I asked him while feeding Lorietta.

"Well, I'm more excited than nervous, to be honest" He sighed, I gave him a smile, going back to my chores.

I miss them

It looks like I'm the only one who's nervous. Probably because I know some things that he doesn't.

Lucky Eren.

My thoughts got interrupted by Captain Levi and his arrival. He came to the castle ground, riding his horse, he stopped to talk to Eld while Eren and I rushed towards him and saluted. Eren grinned, while I groaned.

"Goodmorning Lance Corporal Levi" We greeted.

"Eren, Riza, get your horses, we're going to the assembly. Eren, stay two horses away from me, let me remind you that the only reason you're not behind bars is that I'm watching over you" Levi narrowed his eyes at Eren.

Sheesh...

"Yes Captain" Eren replied.

"And Riza, stay close. The murder of the two captured titan has raised suspicion that a traitor is among us, you might be endangered, to ensure your safety, you need to stick with me" I gulped at his words.

"Alright, let's go!" Levi commanded. Eren and I rushed towards our horses. I hurriedly untangled Lorietta's reins and we then rode off.

So, this really is a witness protection program.

******

Night fell and the ceremony began. I stood side by side with Eren and Petra as my eyes scanned the crowd.

They're all here.

We barely made it just in time for Commander Erwin's speech where he reveals everything about our plan.

Everything!

I am so not in favor of what he's doing right now, but I hope he has an underlying motive on this.

Or else I'm dead.

I thought there's a traitor amongst us? Why reveal our plan off the bat? Is he crazy? -Well he's part of the Survey Corps, so I guess he is.

"Furthermore, not only did he allow us to stop the titans, he also allowed us to unveil the titan's mystery" Say what now?

The commander shouldn't be serious about this right now.

I gulped at his words and looked at Daniella at the corner of my eye, she remained calm, as if she wasn't freaking out on the inside. I guess being one of the big deals in the Survey Corps gives her the chance to hear all of this beforehand.

She must be planning something...

She will do something about this, no doubt, but should I stop her?

"In the basement of his home in Shiganshina lies secrets that are unknown even to him, along with the knowledge and information someone has trusted us with. Now if we manage to get to his basement, we will finally have a clue on how to overthrow the titan's century-long rule" This is too much information sharing. What is he doing?! He even decided to throw information about me in the mix -though I am thankful that he didn't announce my name, but the traitors will be aware of my existance.