Storms

*Mal woke up the next day excitedly, today was the day Ben had told her Bella was gonna be released, she'd been so excited the night before that she could barely sleep, finally it was a good reason that she couldn't sleep rather than something haunting her dreams, Ben woke up alone in bed that morning, he got out of bed groggily and went into the nursery to find Mal fully dressed with her hair tied up and her makeup on, he looked her up and down in confusion, she rarely did her makeup properly herself, she's only put light makeup on if she was doing it and didn't like to have it done properly unless she had to, them the fact her hair was pristinely done rather than just hurriedly tied up as usual, finally she was properly dressed again, that wasn't completely shocking to him until he factored in that it was 6:30 am, she smiled at him happily as she noticed he was there before coming to greet him with a kiss*
Ben: you're up early, did Mason wake you up? I didn't hear anything
Mal: no he didn't, I couldn't sleep so I decided to get ready and then come see how he was
Ben: you couldn't sleep? Are you okay?
Mal: yeah of course, I'm great!
Ben: okayyyy
Mal: well Bella's being released today remember?
*Ben's eyes went wide when she said that, he didn't remember saying that to her and she definitely hadn't said that to him, hen he realised he'd forgotten to tell her that she had to stay with the special care team for longer than they'd thought*
Ben: what?
Mal: what do you mean? You told me it was today
Ben: I said in a few days, she's only 4 days old
Mal: but you said....
Ben: babe I'm really sorry, I was gonna tell you but you were finally happy and I didn't want to ruin it....
Mal: w...what?
Ben: she's not being released for probably another week at least
Mal: what?!
Ben: there were complications, she's okay but she's quite rough at the moment and they need to keep a close eye on her just in case something happens
Mal: WHAT THE HELL?!
*awoken quite harshly by his mother's sudden outburst, Mason begins to cry rather loudly, Mal instinctively pick him up and lays him against her chest while starting to bounce a little to calm him down, he's quickly soothed in his mother's arms and minutes later is sleeping once again, she puts him back in his crib, and then storms out of the nursery, dragging her husband along behind her, once she's sure they're clear of the nursery she turns to Ben with anger in her eyes*
Ben: I'm sorry
Mal: SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KEEP THAT FROM ME!
BEN: SHE'S MY DAUGHTER TOO! THIS HURTS ME TOO!
Mal: what?
Ben: nothing, I'm sorry, I should've told you, I'm sorry, I just didn't have the heart and then I forgot I hadn't told you, it was stupid but I just didn't know how to say it
Mal: don't skip over what you just said
Ben: Mal...
Mal: you think I don't know it hurts you?
Ben: no, I never said that
Mal: that's the worst part, I didn't just let myself down, I could live with that, I've been letting people down my whole life, but you, something about you makes me want to get everything right and perfect, everything about you makes me need to make you proud, I need to make you happy and I failed, I had one supposedly fairly simple job and I failed, I failed you, I KNOW THAT, YOU DON'T NEED TO QUESTION IT BECAUSE I DAMN WELL KNOW THAT!
*in that moment he couldn't help expecting her to break down in tears but instead her eyes begin to blaze green in anger, Ben jumps in drift as lighting thunders from the sky, he watched out the window as a storm suddenly takes hold of the skies, the storm in her had become a storm outside as well*
Ben: MAL!
*he had hoped to jolt her out of her own mind, knowing full well she hadn't intended this but it hadn't worked, then it happened, he watched as her legs gave in and she collapsed to the ground, he managed to catch her just in time and she led in his arms, unconscious*

---------------------------------------------

OKAY OKAY OKAY IM SUPER SUPER SUPER SORRY I HAVE UPDATED IN IVER A WEEK BUT HERE IT IS AND DUN DUN DUNNNN! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON? Xoxo