Chapter 1.

"Well, this house is not that bad. But I expected something better from your dad." Mom commented taking in the full view of our new house.

"As if we are going to stay in here for our lifetime." I answered sarcastically.

Of course, in my entire 17 years life, we had been to many parts of the world namely France, India, Malaysia, Australia, Denmark, Belarus etc. and now we were here, in the United Kingdom. A village named Holmes Chapel in Cheshire.

Talking about me, I'm Ciara and my friends had always mentioned me being overly moody, trouble maker, joke cracker.... well, a lame joke cracker and most importantly, me being like a bro type, not a girly one.

I never tried to know what love was. Sure I had been through attraction but love? Nope, it had never been my type of thing.

"Ciara, didn't your dad tell you that this time we will stay here for longer than expected?" Mom brought me back from my inner-self introduction.

"Who cares? But the house is quite cozy. Now let me know my room and let me sleep my butts off." I said in a singy-songy voice.

I hardly cared about the inner furnishings and luxuries of home. As long as I got proper sleep and delicious food, my heart was happily contended.
Yippie! Not a materialistic girl.

"Watch your mouth girl. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs and one storeroom, except the storeroom choose any one you want." Mom motioned towards the stairs.

"You know what? You should take the storeroom instead!" A thick voice shouted behind me.

I huffed and turned around, "You know what? SHUT UP!" I yelled and my cousin started laughing.

My brother, Max Stephens was 8 years older than me but still behaved like a kid around me. He was from my maternal side that was why we had different surnames.

"That's not the way you talk to your elder brother. Apologise to him." Mom scolded. She always took his side because whenever we shifted, he came for unloading stuffs and always a great help... Duh..

"Yeah, yeah. It's okay." I quickly spoke and rushed upstairs. I heard Max saying 'That's Not Fair' and I mentally laughed at him.

I quietly scanned the view around me. It was just a sleek passageway in front of me but two doors on each side making it a total of four. Nice maths.

So, I took the second one on right. When I opened the door, I saw white walls all around, in the middle a small bed pressed against the wall and white sheet spread nearly across it. There was another door I presume probably for bathroom and a closet with two night stands on either side of the bed. Simple yet elegant.

The room smelled like typical fresh paint and the echoing of my footsteps could be heard because of lack of sound absorbers like curtains, bedsheets blah, blah. The walls were tainted creamy white and the sunlight resonating from the windows painted the room completely with shine and brightness.

Maybe I had to put something on the walls to make them colorful?

"I'll do it later." I mumbled to myself. I didn't like to take up burden of useless works. Mom would definitely decorate it whenever she wanted to.

Next thing I remembered that I was going to my new bed and soon drifted to my world of fantasies within a second.

I really hoped my time here would be spent in happiness and my sole aim would be to explore this country more and more.

***

A/N

That was chapter one and it's kinda short and kid types. Don't mind it, the story has just begun. X

Until next time,
Much love,
Mohika Arya.