Chapter 14.

When I woke up, I realised it was Monday morning.

Ding ding! School time!

I groaned and wobbled my way to the bathroom and quickly took a shower, tied my hair to as always a ponytail and started wearing my school dress.

When I was hunting for my socks, mom entered my room. "Good morning sunshine. Ready for the school?"

I grinned. "What's up mom? How was London? Is everything fine?"

She smiled back. "London was welcoming and yes everything is fine. Breakfast is waiting, come to kitchen."

During our food time, we talked about her trip and how dad was still struggling to pay a visit here. Honestly, I had never felt like he had been there for me during our time in here. But I can't complain him, that was what his job demanded.

***

"Hey Ciara? Are your ovaries okay?" Nancy asked coming up to me when our school got over.

She was so blunt. I loved it.

"I guess. They are. But what happened?" I asked giving her a high-five.

"Tomorrow you have the test of the times. Just don't worry so much, everything will be alright." She draped an arm around my shoulders.

Even though she appeared to be strict, she had a soft heart.

"You are making it sound like I hyperventilate over small things." I pinched her hand.

"Ow! Of course, you were the only one whining about this shit test like your boyfriend didn't give you a perfect orgasm." She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

Just then we saw Beth coming up to us in a hurry.

We both released a 'duh' sound in unison.

"Hi guys! How are you?" She greeted in her ever-irritating squeaky voice.

"We're fine Beth. How's your sex life?" I asked on the behalf of Nancy who snorted real hard.

She grew expressionless but recovered quickly. "It's um, fine. Actually I wanted to ask you a question."

"Shoot." I spoke dryly.

"Do you know Nick?" She excitedly asked.

"Grim Shaw?" I asked, confused.

Nancy burst out laughing. I sheepishly smiled back at her.

Beth rolled her big full of mascara eyes. "You go to that basketball coaching few blocks down here right? So, don't you know that new entrant?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Actually, no. I don't. I don't have any interest in any new boy or what shit. But yes I go to that coaching." I spat. Stupid girl, let me go and get my food before I feed you to pigs.

"Well, that's cool. Actually I want you to introduce him to me." She jumped up and down.

"Woah, calm your knickers before you create a scene here." I asked backing away from her. "And talking about that pimp boy, I won't even talk to him, try other ways to get into his pants."

Passing a knowing smirk, I walked away from her dragging Nancy with me.

"Holymotherfuckingshit!" Nancy snorted. "That was so cool! I bet her jaw is still hanging open."

I joined her laughter. "She is so irritating. How did you even start talking to her?"

"Well, if someone's crying their ass out in front of you because of a break-up, you gotta help them."