Chapter 30.

A/N This is Ciara's daddy.
And don't forget to vote guys. :))

***

My alarm screeched an unpleasant song which happened to be one of my favorites but I groaned anyhow and wanted to smash the phone across the wall.

I stretched my arms and legs hoping that my body will feel a bit relieved but none of it happened. My relief was there in the neighbour apparently with Beth or any other one-night stand.

But he was not like this. He was so caring, he never talked about things like this. Yes, he flirted with me like it was as important to him to breathe. But he can't. I had so many things to clear before I made any decision. He just can't easily push me away like this.

Why did he sleep with Beth in the first place? Because I was currently not ready to have sex with him? Really?

I had never seen this side of Harry. I was just building up a castle in the air thinking how he was so perfect. How he was mercilessly blamed for a human loss and how he took it upon himself but still gathered himself up. He had to explain everything. Each and every stuff, why did he do it and if he was planning to continue it forever.

Not forgetting, I missed him. I missed him with more intensity than expected. I was so used to his constant bickering, laughing, scoffing and every fake dramatic sigh he exhaled to show how irritated he was from me.
His deep forest green eyes which can easily pierce through me reading me like a book. His slightly rough hands which were so huge than mine but still were perfect to me. His set jawline over which I loved to trail my fingers every time I saw it.
His lips, so pink and whenever his tongue darted out to wet them, I can't help staring at them. When he kissed me with readiness, the way he massaged my bottom lip and gently bit it. Damn.

I had to stop missing him, thinking about him. Otherwise, he will only drive me crazy. But he was so... Irresistible.

Dad.

Fucking amazing.

Another aspect of my life.

As much as I loved him, lately I had distanced him from me. I hardly remembered any proper conversation that we might have had over the phone in these three months. No, we don't even talk like dad and daughter, he was always so professional. I was his daughter for crying out loud.

Concluding, I didn't want to see him today. I didn't think I will greet him with much positivity like he would be expecting. Mom and dad just thought I was a kid in her own bubble and they loved to protect me.

I seriously don't know what to think of it. Soon I will be starting my own independent life, maybe away from my parents too.

Why am I thinking about my career when I was having thoughts of Harry's lips on mine?

Brushing off those thoughts from my mind for the time being, I put myself together and made my way to the bathroom.
As expected, I looked... Hollow.
I was lacking life in the most uncanny way like someone had ripped off that 'cheery' side of me.

I somehow managed to dress up like always but since it was Friday, I would get enough time to sleep during the day if Harry doesn't show up in my brain.

"You still remember that dad will be here today, right?" Mom tested my temper by making a sarcastic remark.

I rolled my eyes and made myself comfortable on the dining chair. "Dad? Really? Is he coming today? Didn't know of that." I sarcastically retorted and it was her turn to scowl.

Her hand light slammed on the table startling me, "No, this is too much. Tell me what is happening between you two? Did he say anything? Did he do something unfaithful to you?" Mom spat angrily.