Chapter 20.

A/N This is the new character, Ciara Franklin. Remember? 😂 Yes. She's the female protagonist. Enjoy. X

***

Chapter 20

After my friends left, there was nothing to do so I talked to my mom.

I glided my way to the kitchen. She was doing the dishes, drying them up and settling them in their proper shelves.

"Hey mom. It feels like I haven't talked to you in centuries."

She wiped her hands from the apron and took them off, facing me, "I feel the same darling. Come on, let us set ourselves in the drawing room." Mom said with a heart-warming smile.

After settling in the room with some biscuits and cup of tea for each, mom began. "Sweety, how are your classes going on? And what about that basketball coaching?" I saw her gritting her teeth. She didn't want me to continue my training there.

"Mom." I sighed placing my hand on her warm ones. "My school is great. I don't have to back off from that coaching just because a stupid boy got in my way. Am I not that strong to handle such people?" I offered her a small smile which she returned.

She was a very pretty lady. Her hazel eyes with specks of green unlike mine which were completely hazel. Her body was petite and just by looking at her anyone can say that she is very caring.

But I had to admit, she was very fragile. She got hurt very easily. Maybe that was why she needed a person like my dad who was very strong in emotional matters. And maybe I was more like him.

"You sound so much like your dad." Mom smiled giving a light squeeze to my hand.

"Talking about him, it has been over a month since he has paid a visit here." My lips pressed to a thin line.

"He has been so busy lately that he is not getting time to catch up here. Trust me he wants to stay in here too." She explained.

I nodded my head in understanding where in reality, I didn't even get a thing. Can't he just meet us for a day? Had it been me, I would not have neglected my family.

Maybe she noticed my hurt expression. "Ciara, why would he do anything which may hurt your feelings like that? He works for your well being only right? I promise, the moment he gets time, the first place he would visit would be this house." She sipped her tea.

"If that is what going to happen." I nodded my head in dismissal.

"How is that Harry guy? I still remember the way he literally knocked down the door just for the urgency of seeing you and not forgetting, he stayed up your room for the whole night." Okay so in these matters, she got a bit playful because she knew my love life was non-existent and she trusted me too.

Like I was going to break it.

"Uh, yeah. He's good." I answered shortly.

"Why don't you talk about him much to me? You blabber so much about Nancy, Jasmine and Jason. Then why not him?" Mom tensed her eyebrows.

How can I tell about him when I don't even know anything?

"It's like, he's a very mysterious type of a person.. So I just know bits about him." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Okay. Don't stress yourself." She smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

After a few more minutes of talking about Harry I was waddling my way towards my room and I was dead sure I heard mom muttering "I know where it is going to go" about Harry.