Chapter 4.

One week later

After having the strange encounter with that boy, I didn't see him. Not in this week's time of course. I had other priorities.

I had got admission in a British school to study History, Geography, Mathematics and English. Dad really wanted me to go to university and do something of my life. Like I protested. I had always supported the fact of never sitting idly. As cliche it may sound but just the thought of doing nothing never builds any reputation in front of me for anyone. Just go outside, live your life, gain experience. The world is big enough to give you that for your lifetime.

"You remember aunt Cassandra? Mrs. Cassandra Smith?" Mom asked me while we were watching Tele.

"Yeah, that lady whom you invited the other day for lunch and she won't stop complementing about your food making quality." I tried to reminiscence the moment she had hauled on food devouring it as if she hadn't eaten any since her birth. But she was a good lady, amiable. When my mom-made food is there, No one can resist. I had to physically shake my head to remove those bad memories.

"Turns out, her daughter Miranda is having her birthday next week. She gladly invited our family. You know dad can't come, he's so busy and she seems to like you a lot. It's better if you join me." She explained.

"Then you'd probably suggest me to wear those 'girly' clothes too right?" I asked throwing air quotes on 'girly'.

"It's up to you. You know I've never pressurised you to do anything that you don't like." Well that was a thing worth said. I always appreciated the fact that my parents never forced me to do anything, neither I refused.
"Okay. Next week it is then." With that our short conversation ended.

***

The week passed by rather quickly. Maybe because of the studies or thoughts of that boy again flooding my mind. I just can't understand how do people even do that. I still remember those curly brunette locks which suited him so well. Those skinny jeans were looking amazingly stunning on him as if it were made for him.

I couldn't help but feeling greatly insecure about myself. I had never considered Ciara Franklin being a girlfriend material.

Firstly, because I hadn't got those things that any boy wanted. Yeah, yeah booby shit and curves. Neither I was very tall or so. Merely 5 feet and 3 inches.

Secondly, being in a false relationship was the worst thing you could do to others or to yourself. Therefore, my girl friends had always considered me after-break-up support. I had been that shoulder to cry on for those fragile girls. Plus, an inspirational speaker to help them get over boys.

I was always stable in that matter and boys considered me their bros.

I peered at the reflection of my body in the mirror. I knew I was skinny, but at the same time I hardly possessed any curves and my breasts were not very prominent. Practically, I was a flat chested girl. That was why I never attracted boys, maybe.

I splashed cold water on my face to get rid of all insecure and irritating obscene thoughts. Finally, I thought I was ready for that party.

*A/N: Not that stupid handbag*

Due to the cold waves in the atmosphere, I decided to hang a jacket around my shoulders. No make-up man. I didn't want anyone to see me. John Cena enough?

"You look pretty Ciara." Mom complimented when I started walking with her.

"Thanks mom." I mentally slapped myself for hiding my insecurities from my own mom. I had always been the most confident in front of her and everyone. If you'd ask my confidants, they all would say I was the bold, outgoing, reckless, carefree type of girl but trust me I did have a soft heart too. It was just that I didn't and couldn't discuss it with anyone because according to my brain's law, no one would understand me.

"So here we are." Mom broke me from my thoughts and I noticed the 2- storey building in front of me. Just by the outer look I could tell this 'house' was actually a 'home'. There was a lot of difference in these words if one applied depth to it.

When we entered the house the first thing I saw, crowd. I scoffed at the sight in front of me. "Don't behave like this. You're no different than any one of them." Mom warned. I meekly nodded.

The walls were covered with beautiful and colorful wallpapers with perfect wall hangings on them and few people were gazing at them too. I didn't even know a single person over here. Soft music was being played in the background and some people were humming to it, including myself.

After meeting Mrs. Smith and her daughter Miranda who was an 11 year old girl, I literally ran away from all the people around me. Mom was giving me death glares and I ignored them everytime. She said she wanted me to socialize. Ew. I'd rather have all the unsalted food for my life instead. But yes, I was getting bored.

Watching people was my least favourite activity. Concluding, I began hunting for a balcony and for that I had to lift my eyes up.

When I did, of course I saw people laughing, talking and all that.

What I didn't expect to see was a tall figure whom I happened to meet 2 weeks ago. Was he really that boy? I squinted my eyes in his direction and guess what?

Tada!! It was him.

He was having a bored conversation with a girl and was nodding every now and then just for the sake of it. I studied him pretty accurately.

Girlfriend?

Boyfriend?

Girlfriend boyfriend cliche?

It's none of your business. My subconscious irked me. True though.

All of a sudden, his head lifted up to look in my direction. I swear, I forgot to breathe.

Before we could make eye contact I quickly averted my gaze and started walking to any direction but his.

"Do you know where the balcony is?" I asked a stranger hurriedly who was a tall lean man. Might be in mid thirties. "Um, yeah. If you go straight then second door on right." Answered the latter. I quickly thanked him and rushed to that place.

Now that I was in the balcony, I tried to get as calm as possible. Just seeing him caused butterflies in my stomach. Did he see me? No. I just hope no. Because I promised myself that I'll be John Cena.

To get rid of those thoughts, I gazed at the scenery in front of me. Since I was on the second floor, the scenery was rather beautiful. Night sky never left me alone. Those starts, so admirable but never achievable. How could you not admire them?

"Woah. Angry Bird is invited to the party too?"

I jumped 5 feet off the ground. I whipped my head backwards with my nose flaring. "You!" I accusingly pointed a finger at him, "No doubt lack all the mannerisms that a person has on this earth. Couldn't you just knock on that woody plank attached with hinges called a DOOR!"

"Easy, easy, Angry Bird I didn't know you can eat men alive too." He raised his arms up in mock surrender, "And just like you, I wanted to get rid of these people ." That curly haired boy explained and shrugged nonchalantly as if he didn't put any girl's life on danger right now.

I contemplated the chances of him having near me for good thirty seconds and then nodded.

Well, this was going to be a longer night than expected.

***

A/N

Well, their banter is the thing I like to write the most.

Anyways, than you so much for sticking up to this book and I really hope you will continue further. :))

Until next time,
Much love,
Mohika Arya.