Chapter 26.

I sighed deeply once Harry left. I turned to rest my back at the door anticipating how my brother will react.

We live in a small world right?

I slowly padded my way to the stairs calculating that it would be best at the moment to leave both of them to discuss such a mess. But as soon as I was passing the drawing room, their conversation halted my steps.

"Why were you so cold to Harry? How did you know him before hand?" I over heard mom and Max talking in the sitting hall.

"I've been here before so yeah, I know him. It's not like I want to kill him or what, it's just like I don't like him. Where is Ciara? Is she still with him?" I sensed him getting up so I quickly walked in.
"Ciara, I want to see your room. Can you show it to me?" His tone was serious and I understood his intentions. He wanted to talk about Harry.

"Yes, sure. It's not like you've never been in my room before." I replied being as indifferent as ever.

Having Max hot on my heels, I turned the door knob and putting my room to display. "Come in." I asked him. He nodded and sat on the bed acquiring the majority of it. I rolled my eyes and sat on the edge.

"How do you know Harry and why are-" He began interrogating.

"He's my neighbour so we met by chance in a birthday party and then became friends. Nothing wrong in it. Now you tell me how he is a pain the ass to you?" I said in half monotone and half interest face palming and sitting cross legged just like I did downstairs.

"See, whatever happened between us is a past. There's no need to dig that out. All I am saying is that stay away from him because he's not good for you, or put it into right words, you are too good for him." He sat in Indian style as well.

"Care to give me a proper reason? Why did you spit the liquid when I asked you about your any girlfriend?" My voice came out irritated. Who was he to tell me how to control my life? Even if he was trying to protect me, he must have given any valid reason.

"He did something which he wasn't supposed to do. Alright? Now please believe me. The sooner you understand the better it is." By the end of his sentence, he was almost pleading.

I didn't get the required answer so I just nodded. Harry had promised me that he will clarify it off. I just hoped that he kept it. Seeing that a girl was also included in all this shit hinted my darkened mind awakening an emotion... Jealously.

"By the way, how is your school going on? I heard history is a difficult subject?" He tried to shift the uncomfortable tension between us.

"No. It's absolutely fine, easy even." I replied with a smile.

Just because of Harry. My inner-self answered which I quickly ignored.

***

3 days later.

Max left the day before saying that he wanted to compensate for his absence during our Christmas time. Busy people planned everything before time.

And as always, Harry had been a dick for not contacting me in these days. Whenever I asked him to take his time, he really misunderstood it. Not forgetting, I missed him. Now I didn't even know how much more time will he take again to open up to me.

I had threatened Max that if he won't tell me his past with him, I will continue seeing Harry. But then, my protective brother came into being and quickly brushed off my demand. He became all blazing and warned me to get grounded if I didn't listen to him. Easier said than done.

"Ciara, are you even listening to me?" Nancy waved a hand in front of me to gain my attention.
"Uh, yes. Just zoned out for a while." I tried to remember what was she talking about.