Chapter 21.

Our ride to that unknown place was quite long. We were in the place which didn't have any human existence. Just the nature and her beautiful belongings.

"We're here." Harry brought that car to a death for the time being and before I could open my door, Harry did it for me.

Man, I was not used to this much mannerisms from boys.

As soon as we got out, I noticed the place was just a slice of heaven. So beautiful, so quiet. Soft cold wind blowing, birds chirping a self-composed tune which could top the Billboards easily and a lake in front of us.

"Harry why are we here?" I couldn't control my curiosity in.

"Remember long ago you asked me to open up to you? Feels like this is the time." He offered me a sweet smile and in turn it made my insides burst with elation.

Seeing that someone was willingly telling them to you about themselves is a great achievement in yourself.

We stood there in front of the rippling water of lake. Before it could get any awkward, I removed my shoes and socks, rolled my slacks up to a few inches and sat on the edge of the river side putting my legs in.

The water was much colder than what I expected. But I know it would be fine.

"Won't you come in here?" I asked while he was staring down at me dumbfounded.

"Isn't that water cold?" He shivered just by the thought of it.

"So what? Get in it will be better." I patted the place next to me. He unwillingly nodded and removed his shoes and socks.

"Holy cold water's mother." He gritted his teeth while sinking his feet down the water. "Man, it's freezing." He scoldingly looked at me.

"So what Harry? Give some time, things will get better." He raised his eyebrows at me and I shrugged timidly in response. We both witnessed a comfortable silence surrounding us.

I cleared my throat to gain his attention.

"Oh, yes. About me. Umm.. Where should I start from?" He scratched the back of his head.

"What disturbs you the most, why, when did it start, for how much time all this has been going on and all." I urged.

"Okay, let me start from the starting." He took a deep breath and gathered his thoughts. "When I was five, I got a cousin sister Stacy. She was an adopted child of my uncle's. My uncle as in my real father's brother. When I got her, she was just a year old." He played with the water beneath his feet.

"She wasn't just any sibling. She was more than that. I considered her my real sister. She used to be with me most of the time. I loved to take care of her, make her laugh, make her study, cook for her, dance for her, entertain her, everything. Everything that I could do. Even when my dad divorced my mom when I turned 7, I stood on my ground to still stay with her."

By this time, I took his hand in mine. He laced his now-cold fingers with mine and began. "We both knew literally everything about each other. She used to regret the time whenever I used to be away from her and so did I. The problems started when she turned 10."

His voice grew a bit thick. "She used to appear weak to me. She would eat less and sleep more, often throw up as well and her situation was worsening day by day.
I remember, one day I literally dragged her to the clinic to get her check-up done. The authorities mentioned that the reports would take a few days to get printed and Stacy being the one who never lets anyone else worry, told me that she would collect them."

I witnessed a tear rolling off his eyes. I got closer to him and rubbed his back understandingly. "3 days after that, when I asked her about the reports, she j-just simply said it was a stupid food poisoning. I demanded to take a look at them but she just refused.. Just refused as if I hadn't been a part of her life."