Chapter 42.

*unedited*

___

As soon as he spotted us in the taxi, the deep scowl on his face lessened a little but didn't fade away.

"I'm coming to your side, don't go to your dad without me." Harry quickly paid off the expense and I hadn't even noticed when he jogged up to my side of the car and opened the door for me.

My heart was thundering in my chest leaving me to wonder how heavier it can go.

"It's just your dad, baby. We have got this." Harry endearingly held my hand in his warm ones which were now shaking with some fear having unknown reason.

Just like Harry said, it's my dad. Why am hyperventilating so much? He might be a little over worried that why was I gone and why my phone was at home.

"Good evening, sir. How are you?" Harry greeted my dad by extending his hand out to shake which Mr. Franklin accepted giving a quick shake back. He suspected that our hands are joined together but didn't say anything. Is that a sign hinting that he knows we love each other?

"Where were you both?" Without even answering his question dad began his question era.

I gulped down a lump in my throat and squeezed Harry's hand tighter. I can't lie from my dad, but at the moment I can't speak the truth either. He is completely oblivious how Nick has irritated me twice and how I've fought against it. I thought there was no need to tell him that. Maybe Harry and I considered it a trivial problem in the first place.

"We will tell you everything. Let's just go inside and then talk?" Harry's neutral expression had somehow calmed down mine and dad's anxiety as he nodded and shoved his hands deep inside the pockets as Harry took the lead to unlock the main door.

I could hear constant tapping of my dad's foot on the concrete floor because of which the tension between the three of us was only increasing.

"Please come in, sir." Harry's over polite voice echoed throughout the empty house and we both slowly padded our way in.

After what it feels like hours we all finally settled ourselves on the couch, me sitting with dad and Harry alone on one of the comfortable boss couch.

"Ciara, dear I'm asking where were you? Your phone was at home. Your mom knew that you were out only for the timing and you barely live in home." Dad started off calm and somewhat concerned and then turned towards Harry, "I know I can trust her with you but still I can sense something wrong is going on. Isn't it?"

I must admit, the room was becoming suffocated. Too much suffocated for my liking. I was completely clueless what should I answer to my dad. I couldn't even comprehend the outcomes. But for sure he will burst out of fury and might rush to the police which I do not want, ever in my life. He has huge shit load of reputation in society and if he gets into public figure like this, he will be greatly affected and I know he is pretty much stressed from the long ass time he spends in office. I don't want to add into his list of headaches.

The only way to answer my dad is Harry. When I slightly turned my head to see his expression, he was having that similar stern facade which he usually has when he's processing something important and is going to make a very remarkable decision. Anyways, I always find it sexy.

He gave me a look hinting that he is doing everything okay and then heaved a heavy sigh which again, he usually does when he is gong to speak for so long.

"I am willing you tell you everything, sir. It's just that you have to know it's none of Ciara's fault but all mine." He had an apologetic look and my dad's face was completely unreadable. He must be judging the whole situation like me too. How should he react and what is he going to tell right now. I'm my dad's daughter, I know that.