Chapter 6.

One week and 5 days later.

Tired, stressed, knackered,shattered, exhausted.

These were the words I had felt for these 12 days; show up with a thesaurus, they would not make any difference.

Studies were getting the best of me. Even though the faculty was fine, I had to study British history and it's geography right from the start which irritated me to no extent. I didn't want any tuitions, nor there was anyone to explain it.

So whenever such situation arose, I became stressed. I didn't discuss it with anyone. Mom just mentioned that I was over-reacting and that I needed sleep. Yes, bags under my eyes, my all time messy hair and my constantly not caring to what mom said were the clear witnesses.

During these days, dad kindly decided to pay a visit in 'this' house. He had stayed here for 2 days and left asking me to concentrate more, worry less and sleep more. Easier said than done.

That was the summary of these stupid days.

"Ciara. Today we are having guests in our house. You better at least look a bit like homosapien." Mom taunted while I was playing with my untouched breakfast.

"I'll just get out when they'll pay visit okay? Congratulations, your reputation is not destroyed by your only daughter." I spat with my clenched jaw. How come she never understood what actually happened in my life? She just threw orders and I followed them.

I knew she cared for me, I knew she was building a social life for me but it was becoming pain in the ass for whoever had an aloof personality like me.

"You know you are wrong here. Every time we shift countries, in the early school days you behave like this and after a week, everything is fine. So what's the point making this 'I'm angry' face every now and then?" She asked irritated.

When already one person was irritated and the next started getting like that too, it was a cue for you to go away. So I simply stood up, walked out from house and slammed the door behind me. Still hungry.

As I got out of the house, cold air of England hit me. Real hard. Since it was late September, temperature had gone down by several degrees. Reason why I had to put on more layers of clothing making me look like a round panda when actually I was a skinny girl.

In the school, I had couple of friends like Nancy, Jason and Jasmine. They were cool company to hang out with. I really didn't talk to them much.

Hello?! Socially awkward people here. They tired to explain all the system of education and make my base about history and geography a bit strong but they had their studies as well, and their houses were quite far away from mine. So I didn't push them to teach me more.

Since I didn't make any nuisance in the class, I didn't receive detentions either leaving me with English and mathematics. These were my favorite subjects because universally, they were the same.

Co-curriculars? I played basketball. Didn't matter if I looked tiny because tricks were the most important things. Lately, I had been playing less but made enough basketball acquaintances; most of them boys. Not forgetting who liked me because of my 'bro' qualities.

"Hey Ciara! Wanna hang out with us after school? I'm sure you haven't even seen the town properly." Jasmine asked during our lunch break. Well, she was a pretty girl with pretty height and all that. I was not jealous but just a bit disappointed from God. But I liked her because she never hesitated to help me. Bless her.

"I think it'll be a no this time. I have to catch up you know." I sighed. Immediately, Jasmine's eyes turned to a concerned ones and she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Seeing you like this really saddens me a lot. I know how much of an energetic ball you were at the very start. I want that girl back. Be positive, I'll help you through this. It's just a little problem." She ended her little speech and I had to blink back my tears. I couldn't cry in front of her.