Chapter 48.

A/N
Play the music tagged along. Replay if it ends. X

Apologies for typing errors.

***

"Daughter, have you packed everything?" Dad asked through the hallway.

"Yeah, I guess." Glancing one more time in my bathroom to make sure I hadn't left any underwear inside, I locked it up.

Shamelessly, l stared at the now-empty-but-my-used-to-be room. Time really slipped fast.

"I'll miss everything." I muttered opening my now-empty closet.

I trudged to my bed and aimlessly began pondering about how my almost nine months were spent here.

Funny, how mom said that we were going to stay here for longer than expected. Now she was the only one to leave the house first.

Yup, my mom left the house like a fucking savage to live with his supposed 'boyfriend' whom I still haven't seen.

My last two weeks should be added to the list of my lowest point of time.

My parents started the legal formalities of divorce. The same day, she bid a heartless goodbye to dad and cried a bit promising me that she'll see me sometime in the future.

I shrugged nonchalantly and said I didn't care if she ever thought about me or not.

She broke a sob and said she would never ever forget me. Scratch that, I rolled my eyes and said it was my birthday that day.

As expected, her eyes widened and she wished me.

It's not that I remembered my precious day, dad reminded me so. He said I should have celebrated. I laughed like a maniac shaking off his proposal.

I behaved as if nothing really had happened but the night I found the opportunity to sit all alone, I cried. Cried as if there was no tomorrow.

That was what I had been doing throughout the week.

Dad discovered my non-existent interaction with humans plus my horrific appearance. Therefore, he decided to give me a life.

Meaning that, a new county, a new city, new types of humans and a new fucking life.

I didn't say no to anything. I happily complied to everything.

All my thoughts stumbled back to Harry and his lack of connection with me.

I tried starting it all over again by sending him a simple 'Hey, what's up?' text. But, either he didn't see it or he didn't wish to reply.

After waiting for couple of days, my anger, frustration and hurt got the best of me so I demanded that I should be sent to New York as soon as possible.

"Ciara, you okay?" Dad asked slightly opening the door.

Still looking down at my feet, I nodded and drew a heavy breath.

He walked in, "You can do this, right? You've always been my strong girl." He patted my shoulder.

Honestly, he was my rock during my hard times. He understood that I wanted space and he gladly helped me with whatever I needed. Be it advice, food and all that.

"I'll take your bags downstairs. Car will be waiting too." He got up from the bed, dragging my suitcase along with him.

I simply watched him going out and sighed.

Tracing my fingers at the seam covering my nightstand, I pulled the drawer open and fished for a piece of paper. A paper which was weighing me down for three days straight.