Chapter 45.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

*unedited*

~

"No." I spat.

"Ciara, please. You know, we have to go there anyhow." Mom pleaded over the phone.

"You also know that I'm never going to meet those creeps." I rolled my eyes even though mom couldn't see me.

"Maybe they have changed." Her voice was unsure of what she had just said.

"Can you expect a hyena to eat mango? Absolutely not." I took a quick breath and continued, "And by the way, it's Harry's birthday today." My reason was the perfect one to convince mom.

A few seconds of silence passed by.

"Fine. Have your ways but I'll be away for almost a week. Will you stay at Harry's?" I could mentally imagine her tapping her nails on the office table.

"Sure thing. I'll stay at Harry's." I grinned form ear to ear. The bell rung and I hopped off from my bed to attend the visitor.

"Okay then. At least come to see me off?" I almost aww'ed at her vulnerable tone.

"So when are you going to that death hole?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mind your language, Ciara."

All I did was call that place a death hole.

"I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow."

"Max leaves three days later." I did some goofy dance steps on the stairs.

"I know he does. That's why I asked you to stay at Harry's." I nodded and then realised I was on the damn phone, "Yes mommy."

"Okay. I have to go." Mom commented.

"Ya, see you." With that, I dismissed the call and finally opened the door, welcoming a shivering Max.

"How long do you take to open the door my dear little sister?" He hissed sliding inside the house and practically peeling his thick jacket off him.

I ignored his snarky comment and helped him out of his hideous clothing.

It has been a couple of weeks since that Beth incident took place. After that, I've never tried to think low of me. Harry made sure of that.

In the midst of our sneaking out, my school's reopening, catching up with my school buddies, ignoring Beth with supernatural powers, meeting dad after what it seems like years and studies, I ordered my brother to spend some time with me. Be it a few days.

"Thanks lovely sister." He placed a kiss on my cheek and just then the bell went off. Again.

"I ordered pizza for us." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes, a smile creeping on his cheeks as well.

After Max paid for the pizzas, we settled ourselves in the dining area which happens to be in the kitchen itself.

"Mom is visiting my aunt two days later." I mumbled, chewing on the delicious bite.

"Really?" He widened his eyes. "And how did you agree?"

My brother knows me the best. He literally knows everything about my obnoxious family and their uncanny traits of displaying how wonderfully irksome they are.

"Do you think I can comply to what mom says?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

Out of nowhere, his facial features suddenly darkened and he grew dangerous types, "You mentioned in the morning that it's Harry's birthday today?"