Chapter 2.

As my eyes fluttered opened, I got back to the reality that yes, indeed I was in the U.K.

It was getting dark outside. Quite easy to guess because I could already see it through the window. I slowly stretched myself, taking the full advantage of the soft mattress and sat up on my bed.

Something was different in my room. Was it the setting? Or my view point? Definitely the first one. I tilted my head side-to-side as if mentally yelling to the wall to tell it to me. So, I gazed at the wall in front of me. My night-stands were no longer lonely instead there were pictures of me and my family over there. The windows were no longer alone since they were complimented by green colored curtains. The hardwood floor was now carpeted and the walls had some hangings of seaside and beautiful farms.

I was just about to hyperventilate and go to my mom to fire all my questions towards her but I saw a... letter? On the nightstand?

It had answers to all my unanswered questions.
"Hey Ciara,
While you were asleep, I tried to make your room look as humanly as possible. Your clothes are in your closet and if you want to change the settings, you're always welcome. Enjoy your time here.
I had to go because I had work back in the U.A.E.

P.S. You know I love you.
Your bro,
Max."

After reading that sweet letter, an involuntary smile stretched across my lips. No matter how irritating or teasing or sarcastic my brother was, he always cared for me and left no stone unturned to protect me. Even if he was miles away.

I made my way to the drawing room and noticed the house looked much more settled than it was before.
"Sleep well Ciara?" Mom asked in a sweet voice.
Not to mention my mom only talked sweetly on two occasions. First, when I had done something wrong and second, when she wanted me to do something.

"Um.... Yes? Actually... No! I think I need more sleep." With that I started moving back to my room.

"Stop there Ms. Franklin!" Mom ordered. "There are no supplies in our home so if you don't want to starve, You better go and do some grocery. List and money are on the table."

"But mom I-" She cut me off, "No buts!"

But I continued anyways, "Mom but what if I get kidnapped on the way? In fact, I don't even know the streets properly" I stopped and pondered at my own dialogues for a while. I was bullshitting myself and mom.

"Really? Every problem has a solution. You are 17 for a reason. Act like a mature girl and this town is safe enough. Trust me you won't get kidnapped." With that she signed me off.

I put on a thin black jacket in case it got cold and wore regular blue jeans. Casual enough? Heck I was not going to any fashion show.

It was not that I was scared or any other dip shit, it was just because I didn't like supermarket crowd and mom never understood that. I won't say that I was claustrophobic but I just didn't like crowded places.

As expected, the place contained more people than expected. It took me good half an hour to get the groceries billed. People at cash counter didn't even budge. I mean, who bought so many things? To fill an elephants stomach?

While I was making my way back to my home, I noticed it had gotten much more dark.
Much to my surprise the street was empty and eerily quiet. I was damn sure I took the right path. Right?

There were times when your brain instead of helping you, kept irritating you with pessimistic thoughts. Same happened with me.

It felt as if someone was walking behind me, I could hear footsteps clearly. I increased my pace of walking and my breathing was heavy.

Not just mine, but some other footsteps were audible too.

I placed my hand on my heart and broke out into a run. I wished I cared to take a mobile with me.

As hard as I was trying to tell my brain not to turn back, it didn't listen to me.

I tried to turn around whilst keeping my pace and...

Holy mother's KFC and Dominos. Save me.

***

Just wait readers, wait...

;))

Until next time,
Much love,
Mohika Arya.