Chapter 8.

Mom and me were making our way back to home and throughout the walk only one question was there in my mind. What did Harry mean by that?

Was there something lying on the floor? Or was it dirty? Or was he just messing with my head? This guy was completely oblivious to how much I hated being in the dark.

Finally, the moment came when I entered my room and looked around the floor searching for any uncanny thing.

The thing which stuck me, there was a cotton underwear lying near my closet.

What the real shit?

That was when reality hit me. When I was wearing clothes to go downstairs, it must have slipped off by mistake. And that was why Harry smiled when I was making stupid jokes. Cheeky bastard.

Groaning internally from shame, I grabbed the piece of clothing off the floor and chucked it back to my drawer.

The rest of the day was spent running errands for my mom, partly studying, partly eating and watching t.v. and of course, before sleeping, having thoughts about those dark curls.

***

Early morning was the time when birds chirped, sunlight's gleam resonated silent alarm of waking up. How poetic right?

Let's get back to reality.

Early morning was the time when I had world's most bad breath even after brushing my teeth the night before. My mom constantly calling out for me to get up from my bed and begin the day early and for that purpose, instead of shaking me, she removed the curtains from the window so that I could get blinded by the sunlight.

Now that was what I called 'How poetic' in my life.

"Just because it's your day off, doesn't mean you can sleep for the whole day. Remember when you were running around the whole house because you couldn't cope up with your majors? Now where's that Ciara?" Mom blabbered once I started eating my breakfast after freshning up.

"Do you also remember when you added I always behave like this in the starting and then it all gets well? Mom you know me well. Take a chill pill man." I answered eating a mouthful of sandwich.

"When are you going to Harry's then?" Mom asked after taking a deep breath.

"Um, like I said, 5 p.m. Right?"

"Wait, are you blushing? What is happening to you? You've never behaved like this before. Do you really like this boy?"

I admit I choked on my bite. "I'm socially awkward person remember? So whenever you mention any new person, I behave the same way. I'm not giving any special attention to him." I answered pretending to be as serious as possible.

"If that's what you say." She nodded still not believing what I said and left the kitchen.

After having breakfast I had enough time for studying maths and English.

***

"Ciara! You know it's enough now. You have a phone. Just put an alarm and try not to bother me every time you sleep! It's five minutes to five and I hope you've not forgotten Harry must be waiting for you. GET UP!"

First time in my life I got to know I had the capability to fly. I flew out of my bed once mom yelled at me.

I barely remembered sitting on the study and writing down string of answers and then how did I end up sleeping in my bed. I got super bored while completing my homework and even my fingertips started aching once I held the pen for so long. I knew it was an abnormal thing but only if you were not writing continuously for two hours straight.