Chapter 49.

Nancy and Archer above!
Enjoy!

***

2 years later.

"Sales only in Felicity." Everyone in the meeting hall looked at me.

"How will it benefit us?" A woman, her name Rebecca, I suppose, asked.

I inwardly rolled my eyes and took off my glasses in distress, "You see, Felicity retail store has been our product's number one buyer. Don't you think it's our payback time? Launching our extraordinary product in just one type of retail will prosper them too. Not only this, our company has been generating almost uniform amount of sales every year. Uniform means boring. Customers hate boring."

Rebecca sunk back in her chair as I passed her a cheeky grin.

Someone cleared their throat, "So, what you mean is, this company was trash before you came?"

I drew an exasperated breath, "Dad! I didn't mean that. All I'm saying is that this company needs something..." I searched for the correct word, "Appealing! Think with customer's point of view."

Dad seemed satisfied with the response, "Fine. We'll launch our new product only in Felicity. Let me fix a meeting with them."

The meeting broke out in hushed conversations meaning that my deadly time was over.

"You rocked the meeting hall, Ciara!" Archer, the head of advertising department cheered beside me, "Generally people are so nervous during their first day in the office. You didn't even break a sweat."

I laughed and took out a chewing gum pallet from my pocket, "I was already into the management when dad discussed things with me at home."

Archer made an 'oh' face by raising his perfectly shaped brunette eyebrows and parted full pink lips.

Archer was 24. Four years older than me, American accent, born in Washington DC blah blah blah. Just like any other perfect hot ass boy.

Still, nothing compared to Har-

"Junior Franklin!" I whipped my head to that screeching voice, "Orbit huh?" Rebecca winked and gave me a thumbs up. Most likely for the meeting success.

I smirked and threw a white pellete in her direction which she easily caught.

Archer and I approached the lift and waited for it to come.

"So," He trailed off, "Are you free this evening or I have to wait for another week?"

My cheeks turned crimson pink, "I don't even know you, Archer."

"That's why dates are for. C'mon, be adventurous and celebrate your new life." He chirped as the lift gates stood ajar for us.

"You first." He ushered me in.

The lift was empty; much to my disappointment. Now I had to carry on this dreadful 'Let-us-know-each-other-shit' with this guy whom I thought he'd be a great friend.

"Are you still deciding?" American boy rolled his eyes, "Don't be so afraid it's just a normal hangout. Maybe you need real happiness in your life. Your appearance lacks happiness, you smile just for the sake of it. It's easy to read you."

I defensively crossed my arms over my chest giving him a challenging look. In response, he mouthed a 'What' and I kept on scowling at him.

I haven't even thought of any boy (except one) after I left Britain. Especially, Holmes Chapel.

Archer waved a hand in front of me, "You said something?"

"Sorry. I just zoned out." The lift doors slid open as we stepped out.