Chapter 36.

*unedited*

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

___

"There's no need to come now. I mean, you can take your time." This was the thousandth time I was repeating my statement.

"No. I'm meeting your dad today, I want to let him know that I won't harm you and then I'm taking you to a date tomorrow. It's enough now, I'm tired of this sneaking out shit." He ranted pulling up at the driveway of my house. By the time we reached, it had gotten quite dark.

"He won't think that way, he's just a bit concerned." I countered as he turned the ignition off.

"Wait here till I open your gate." He dismissed to reply my previous statement and quickly stepped out letting the freezing air flood in.

I rolled my eyes and Harry came by my side and did the honours of opening the gate.

"You are really something." I mumbled as we started walking towards the main gate, my hand intertwined in his.

"But I'm more than anything." Harry grinned down at me and I involuntarily smiled ignoring how determined and serious he looked milliseconds ago.

Instead of ringing the bell, Harry knocked loudly at least a million times and I stomped my foot on his, destroying his already busted boot. "Angry Bird!" He partly yelped. "It hurts. Your little body has so much energy."

At first I took that compliment with my innocent mind but when I realised it had much more meaning to it, Harry started laughing. I nudged him with my shoulder only to have his strong arms wrapped around my body. I was welcomed with the utmost warmth indicating that the apartment in front of me was nothing as compared to the home that I had in his arms.

"Sorry, I was just stuck in some work." Mom reasoned opening the gate. She saw us standing like a tangled shit and smiled.

"What a pleasant surprise Harry. Please come in." She warmly smiled at Harry and he greeted her as well.

We took off our jackets and hung them on the hanger with my mom hot on our heels.

"Harry, just go to the kitchen. Ciara's dad is there too. Maybe you can talk to him." Mom gestured at the hallway and he nodded.

Harry started walking in front of us and mom took the opportunity to whisper in my ear. "Couldn't you tell us beforehand that he's going to come? I would have prepared something special for dinner."

"Mom, it's not like he's coming here for the first time. And you make delicious food anyways." I said too sweetly and she proudly smiled at her skills.

"Hey dad, how are you?" I plainly addressed sitting on the counter of the kitchen, grabbing an apple to chew.

"I'm good dear. Glad you brought Harry, it's nice meeting him." Dad surprisingly beamed and Harry forced an awkward smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion because dad was way too happy and Harry was sitting like any timid puppy.

To calm his nerves, I hopped off the counter and sat on the chair beside him setting my one hand on the dinner table and other still busy holding the apple.

"Ciara, there was no need to eat it. I was serving dinner just now." Mom entered the kitchen as well and began putting plates on the table. I shrugged, eating more than half of the apple in one go.

"So Harry, what's your age?" Dad started the conversation.

"I'm 19 and will turn 20 on first of February." He coughed just after his sentence. I offered him water which he accepted.