T H R E E

The bell rings and everyone rushes through the door.

Thank god, the first day of school is finally over.

I grab my stuff and walk to my locker, where Candice and Becca are already waiting for me.

"Hey tough girl!" Becca shouts as she sees me coming.

"Oh gosh enough with the nicknames..." I laugh as I playfully punch her arm, making Candice giggle.

"Alright what nickname do you want then?" she asks as she swings her locker open.

"I dunno... Hailee seems fine to me..." I shrug as I place my books in my locker.

We all laugh.

A voice makes me jump lightly.

"What about 'Princess'?" Grayson walks up behind me and opens his locker.

I turn around to him, revealing my red cheeks, and he smirks.

"I-I... Umm... I mean..." I shrug him off and turn around to Candice and Becca, who were covering their mouth to prevent from bursting out laughing.

"Aww is someone shy?" Grayson whispers as he gets closer to me.

"Hands off, Dolan." Candice glares at him as she takes my hand and pulls me behind her.

"Yeah 'Dolan', you wouldn't want to touch... them." Maddison says as she comes behind Grayson and slides her hand in his back pocket.

"I thought I made it clear when I told you not to talk to him." She turns back to me with a disgusted face.

"You don't rule this world Maddison. Don't expect me to bow down before you because I won't." I glare back at her.

Candice and Becca's jaws drop to the ground.

"Oh really?" she asks, faking a smile.

She turns to Grayon and yank on his shirt, pulling him towards her and she slides her tongue in the back of his throat.

He awkwardly kisses her back, not really sure if he should or shouldn't...

He keeps his hands on each side of his body.

He doesn't want to touch her.

She pulls back and wipes the gloss that smudged on the side of her mouth.

My mouth slightly opens and I furrow my brows in disbelief.

Grayson looks down, ashamed of what just happened.

Maddison looks back to me and tilts her head to the side, faking a smile again.

"I have eyes everywhere, new girl. Don't try me." she glares at me and snaps her fingers to call her two pocket dogs.

Amber and Ashley jog towards her, echoing the halls with the sound of their high heels.

All three of them walk past me and bump into my shoulder, making me stumble back.

As soon as they leave, I bring my gaze up to Grayson's. He rubs his eyes and sighs.

He turns around and walks away, leaving the whole school's attention pointed at me.

I look down as I feel my cheeks heat up.

I slam my locker's door, making Candice jump.

"You okay?" she asks as she rubs her soft hand on my arm.

I shrug.

"Remind me why they are off limits again?" I look behind me to see if anyone was listening to us.