T W E N T Y - S I X

"Aaand you're still friends with her?" Candice asks as she swirls her spoon in her cup of coffee to dilate the cream.

"No... Yes? I don't know, Cece. Things are just... complicated. I think I'm just going to stay away from her for a while and I'll figure out what I'll do with her eventually." I wrap my fingers around my cup and sigh.

"What about your dad?" she brings her cup to her lips and takes a sip. She makes a funny face when the liquid hits her mouth and burns her tongue. I chuckle.

"What about him?" I furrow my brows and look down at my latte.

"Is he still living at your house? Did he realize that you left at all?" she chuckles while furrowing her brows a bit too.

I shake my head.

"I blocked his number, remember? Even if he did realize, he can't contact me in any ways..." I take a sip of my burning hot coffee.

She crosses her arms and stares at the table, lost in her thoughts.

"Have you picked up your stuff yet? Or do you need to go back-"

"I picked it up. It's at Grayson's for the moment, but I don't think I'll stay there to be honest..." I copy her and cross my arms as well.

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"You don't intend to live with the love of your life? What kind of sad joke is this?" she leans forward and rests her elbows on the table.

A light smirk appears on my lips.

"I want to move out of Jersey. I've had enough. Think about it for a second; moving somewhere in the south where a lot of celebrities live, where there's a shit load of beaches and where hot boys are definitely not missing..." I give her a look and she flicks her tongue around in her mouth.

"Los-"

"-Angeles." I finish her sentence. She laughs and rests her head on her crossed arms.

"Come on, Cece! Admit that it would be one heck of a dream!" I smile bigger and hold her hands.

"Maybe in a few years when you'll be monetarily stable, yeah..." she shrugs.

"I'll be fine! I'll just sell some of my stuff on Craigslist, no biggie." I let go of her hands and slowly slide my hands on the table towards me.

"I need to sell more than 'some stuff'..." I mumble and look outside the restaurant's window.

-----

I open the school's door and run in the halls. I finally arrive at my locker after a few seconds of running.

I'm already out of breath.

I hate being late...

I open my locker and throw my backpack in it as fast as possible. I grab the wrong book and close my locker, leaving it unlatched.

I start running again and abruptly stop when I see Grayson to my right. I look at my classroom and look back at Grayson.

Fuck it.