F I F T Y

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

Everything's spinning. My vision blurs more and more as I desperately try to breathe. I stand up and struggle to gain my balance. When I turn around to look at Grayson, I fall back on four legs, clenching my fists against the hard floor. Tiny droplets of water mattes the cement in the space between my hands.

I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath, my body still shaking uncontrollably. I hear a silent grunt and I snap my head up.

My mouth falls open.

"Grayson!" I quickly stand up and run up to him. I wrap my arms around his weak body and snuggle my face in his neck. The breath I've been struggling to hold in finally eases down my back. I pull away and frame his face in my palms and run my thumbs on his under-eyes.

 I pull away and frame his face in my palms and run my thumbs on his under-eyes

His eyes roll back down and his gaze finally meets mine. Tears instinctively fall down his cheeks as he lifts a hand to cup my cheek.

"Hai...lee..." he murmurs and I shush at him. I lean in and press my lips against his softly, still rubbing my fingers under his eyes to wipe the warm tears away. He tries to kiss me back, but his mouth isn't following the same path as his brain.

I break away and give him a comforting smile, replacing a strand of his hair back into its place.

"We need to get out of here..." I crouch down and untie the ropes around his ankles and hands. I help him stand up and he falls weakly into my arms. I struggle to hold him since he weights approximately twice heavier than I do. I still manage to fold his arm around my neck and jog towards the exit.

-----

Ethan's POV

I fumble with my keys a little bit before finally unlocking the door and swinging it open, revealing an anxious Kayla pacing back and forth in the hall. I step in the house and gently close the door behind me, which causes her to snap her head towards me and jump at my neck.

"Did you find them?" she pushes away and looks at me worriedly. I lower my gaze and shake my head, defeated. She cups my cheeks and gets on her tip toes to peck the edge of my lips while I stay still.

"Come on, I made tea..." she interlocks her fingers with mine and leads the way to the kitchen. I roll my eyes.

I don't need tea... I need her...

We both sit down at the table and I fold my fingers around my cup, looking blankly at the dark liquid steaming inside it. Kayla slides her hand across the table and runs it over mine in a comforting way. I give her a quick smile before looking back down.

 I give her a quick smile before looking back down