S I X T E E N

We turn on the radio and listen to some blasting loud country music. Grayson takes my hand and sings with me as the two lovebirds burst out laughing in the backseat.

 Grayson takes my hand and sings with me as the two lovebirds burst out laughing in the backseat

I got that real good, feel good stuff, up under the seat of my big black jacked up truck...

Rollin' on thirty fives, pretty girl by my side.

Grayson turns to me and winks, making me blush. I look outside my window and contemplate the trees passing by as we roll on the highway. I stick my arm out of the truck to feel the wind between my fingers. I close my eyes for a few seconds.

Freedom.

"Y'all want a cig?" Paige shouts to cover the loud windy noises coming from all four windows. We all agree and she hands them to us.

I put mine between my lips and light it up. I suck on it and smile as I exhale the smoke.
Probably one of the best relievers ever.

"Do we have any idea where we're going?" Ethan shouts and we all shrug and laugh.

Grayson lays a hand on my thigh and turns to me. He smirks with his cig on the side of his mouth. I can't help but smile.

My idiot.

I finish up my cigarette and it only takes a few minutes before I finally fall asleep.

-----

A few hours later, we pull up in a big corn field and the bumpy path wakes me up. I rub my eyes and look outside my window.

It's already dark outside.

We drive on the path for a few minute and we finally arrive at a cabin. I smile and scream from excitement, waking Ethan and Paige up.

Paige's eyes widen as she sees the cabin and a smile grows wide on her face.

"Oh my god guys, it's perfect!" she smiles.

Grayson parks the truck and we all hop off.
We take our suitcases and backpacks from the trunk and we rush ourselves to the cabin.

Paige and I enter first and our jaws drop when we see the inside. It's so cozy and beautiful. The kind of cottage you dream to have.

We drop out things and run to explore the rooms.

"Dibs on this room! It has a queen sized bed!" Paige yells and I burst out laughing.