F I F T Y - E I G H T

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

I wake up in what seems to be a dark basement. The concrete floor is humid and the scent filling the room makes me want to throw up. I slightly gag when I breathe by my mouth. I look around the room and my eyes trail down to my own body. My hands are cuffed, both resting on my thighs. The cuffs are attached to a chain hanging from the ceiling.

I roll my head back and rest it on the wall, heaving a dead sigh. A door swings open to my right and I jump lightly.

"Yeah, don't worry, I got it covered. She'll be out of the way in no time." Maddison comes in, talking on the phone with her slutty ass voice. I roll my eyes and try to cross my arms only to realize that I'm still cuffed. I purse my lips and listen to her conversation.

"She woke up... No, I only shot Grayson with one tranquilizer, so he woke up a few hours earlier. I let him free. I'll call you later, John. I've got some business to do." she hangs up and turns to me, a stupid grin curled up on her lips. I glare at her with all the hate I can give.

"What's with the mad face?" she fakes a sad one and I scoff at her funny sarcasm.

"Go to hell." I spit through my gritted teeth.

She snaps her fingers and the door opens once more. I furrow my brows and my eyes widen I see Grayson entering the room.

My mouth falls open and he glares at me hatefully. My gaze switches from the bitch to him, not understanding what's going on.

"I think it's time you confess your feelings, Gray-boo-boo." Maddison smirks slightly and he looks at her before glaring back at me. He gulps nervously.

"If I let you go, you have to leave town. I don't ever want to see your face again." he clenches his teeth. I stay speechless, eyes wide opened and lips slightly parted.

What the fuck is going on...

"Grayson-"

"I hate you, Hailee. I never even loved you in the first place. All I did was using you to please my desires. I stopped counting the times I cheated on you with Maddison." he looks down, avoiding eye contact.

Something is happening... he's not telling the truth. He always avoids eye contact when he's lying.

"You're lying." I look up at him and lock my gaze with his. He gulps, making his jaw muscle clench for a second.

"Call me whatever you want. A liar, an asshole, a man whore. I've been called worse." he brings his gaze back to me. I tilt my head to the side.

"Oh, really? What was it?" I smile sarcastically.

"Your boyfriend." he smirks and Maddison bursts out into laughter. My body suddenly goes floppy. I lower my gaze, in disbelief.

"Now... when I'll remove the cuffs from you, you better get your ass out of here and never come back. Alright?" he orders and I nod at his words. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. He squats down in front of me and starts to unlock the cuffs. We look up at each other and I can read the sorrow and regret in his eyes.

"Get ready." he mouths to me. I furrow my brows. He removes the cuff and as soon as we're both standing, he spins around and throws a punch at Maddison. She dodges it with ease and give him a light smirk before fighting back and punches Grayson on the nose. He stumbles back and grunts in pain, holding his almost broken nose. I stare at the both of them, eyes wide opened.

"You can't fool us, Grayson. I told you. If you don't obey, I'll kill her and Ethan." she crosses her arms and I walk up to Grayson. He stretches his arm in front of me to protect me and his hand moves down without him noticing it. Our fingertips collide and we both freeze. He gently intertwine his fingers with mine as we both glare at her.