F I F T Y - O N E

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

Hailee's POV

"Monster..." Ethan mumbles under his breath and I gasp.

Silence settles over us.

"Y-you're... a fucking monster!" he raises his voice bit by bit. His eyes are wide opened, demonstrating fear and anger.

"You fucking killed her!!" he turns around and slams his hands on the desk near the door, sliding them from left to right to throw all the vases and frames pictures on the floor. Glass shatters everywhere and I scream, protecting my face with my hands. Grayson jumps forward and folds his arms around Ethan, trying to retain his anger, but Ethan breaks out and pushes Grayson into the staircase.

His breath gets cut out short as he slides down two steps on his back. He grunts and places his hands over his ribs, coughing once or twice.

Ethan turns back to me and starts walking in my direction. I struggle out of Kayla's grasp and back up in fear. I scream and beg him to stop, but he doesn't listen. He grabs my collar and draws his fist back, ready to throw a punch at my face. I scream at full lungs, an drum-piercing shriek that makes the whole room vibrate.

"Hailee?!" Kayla's voice brings me out of my deep and sinister thoughts.

"Hailee stay with me!" she gives light taps on my cheek and tightens her grip around my body. My eyes trail around the room and meet Ethan once again, standing still, in shock, in front of me. My bottom lip slowly start to shake again. I curl myself up and snuggle my face in Kayla's arms.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper and close my eyes, a tear falling down my cheek at the same time.

"I'm s-so sorry..." I start to shake in fear and regret. She rubs my back in circular motions and kisses the top of my head.

"Get out."

I snap my head up and blink the tears away to look at him. He stays still, eyes closed.

"Pack your things and get out

"Pack your things and get out..." he whispers and a tear falls down his cheek. He finally opens his eyes, but avoids eye contact. My eyes widen.

I slowly stand up, my arms numb on each side of me, waterfall rolling down my cheeks. I try to speak, but nothing comes out. Only silent wheezes.

"I won't repeat myself..." he glares back at me and clenches his jaw, making his temple pop as he swallows harshly. My mouth falls open.