T H I R T Y - F O U R

Grayson's POV

"So where's my father?" Hailee asks in an innocent voice and I feel my heart sinking slowly. I look down in front of me and gulp.
Paige tenses up again.

"Uhhh... Truth is, we're in Los Angeles right now. Your father is still in New Jersey..." I close my eyes and wait for her response.

"Oh... Well does he know what happened?" she looks at me sadly.

It fucking kills me to lie to her like this...

"Yeah-" I begin but Paige rolls her eyes and cuts me off.

"No. He doesn't know. You two had a terrible fight and he abused you. So you decided to run away and go live with Grayson." she snaps.

*Face. Fucking. Palm.*

Let's have a round of applause for Paige's stupidity please.

-----

Author's note : 😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

-----

Hailee's jaw drops to the floor and tears start to well up her eyes. She looks at me, more confused than she's ever been. I glare at Paige and she rolls her eyes once more.

"Only the truth, remember?" she mumbles and clenches her jaw. I sigh and rub my eyes.

"But if Grayson and I broke up, where am I living right now?" Hailee's voice is low and shaky.

"I have no clue..." I mumble and rub my eyes.

"You were staying in a hotel. Check in your pocket." Paige crosses her arms and smirks when she sees Hailee pulling a hotel room card out of her pocket.

"Well I don't want to spend all my money in a hotel! I need to save up for college!" I can read the panic in her eyes.

"Hailee, you gave up the idea of going to college a long time ago..." Paige looks at her sadly and all I want to do is jump at her throat.

She's telling her way too many things.

Things she shouldn't remember...

"What? That's impossible! I love school!" a tear falls down on Hailee's cheek and I loose my shit. I quickly stand up and my chair falls down, making a loud noise and making both the girls jump. I grab Paige by the arm and pull her outside the room. When we're both outside, I gently shut the door and turn around aggressively.

"What the FUCK is wrong with you?" I whisper-shout and poke her chest. She pushes my hand away and gives me a bitch stare.

"She needs to know the truth, Grayson. You can't to someone in their face like this!" she slightly raises her voice, making me clench my jaw. I take a step forward and she backs away from me.

"There's a limit at one point and you crossed it. I'm warning you, if you want to go back in the room you better keep your filthy ass mouth shut, understood?" I glare at her and she nervously gulps while looking down. She lightly nods.

Well damn, that was easy.

I turn around and just when I'm about to open the door, an arm restraints me. I roll my eyes and turn around. I open my mouth to say something but I shut it automatically when I realize that it's my brother.

"Ethan?" I furrow my brows and he gives me a sad smile.

"Can I go see her... Alone?" he gulps and I sigh. I nod while closing my eyes and he smiles widely. He steps in the room and I'm off to the cafeteria.