T W E N T Y

Grayson strokes my hair and tightens his grip around my waist. I close my eyes as a tear falls down my cheek. My shoulders jump lightly, shaking the mattress a little bit.

"Shh, it's okay baby, everything's okay..." he bends over my shoulder and whispers in my ear.

"No, Gray... I betrayed my two best friends for a fucking drug obsessed, how is that okay?" I mumble through my sobs.

He props himself on his elbows and places a strand of my hair behind my ear. He leans down and softly kisses my cheek. He makes his way down to my neck.

"I promised myself I will never touch drugs again... she basically forced me Gray..." I sob and squeeze my eyes shut. I turn my head and muffle my cries in my pillow.

"What did she give you?" he keeps stroking my hair and kissing my jawline.

He's literally the best to calm me down and make me feel safe.

"Cocaine... I have no fucking idea what are the side effects..." I sniffle and look down.

"Let's search it up on the internet, alright?" he strokes my shoulder and plants a light kiss on it. I nod and sit up on my bed. I grab my laptop on my nightstand.

"Co...caine..." I mumble as I type on the Google bar. I click on the first website it leads me to.

Oh my god...

Grayson's mouth slightly parts open and my eyes widen.

Cocaine. Strong stimulant mostly used as a recreational drug. It is commonly snorted, inhaled as smoke, or as a solution injected into a vein. Effects begin within seconds to minutes of use and last between five and ninety minutes.

Mental effects : loss of contact with reality, an intense feeling of happiness, or agitation.

I scroll down.

Physical symptoms : heart rate, sweating, and large pupils. High doses can result in very high blood pressure or body temperature.

I quickly snap down the screen of my laptop and look at Grayson with tears filling my eyes.

He doesn't say anything, he just pulls me with his big arms and holds me tight. He sighs and gently rubs my back.

I don't know where I would be right now if Paige gave me more than three pills.

I'd probably be dead.

"I need to pay her a visit..." I mumble on Grayson's shoulder.

"Aren't you grounded though?" he pulls away and stares worriedly at me.

"I'm going to sneak out the same way you got in here." I shrug.

We both look at my opened window.

A smile cracks on our faces.

-----

We pull over at Paige's place. A fucking huge mansion.

My jaw drops and so does Grayson's.

We both get out of his truck and walk nonchalantly to the front door. I take a deep breath before bringing my finger to the doorbell.

I slightly press my finger on it and we hear a click that comes from the other side of the door.

We look at each other and furrow our brows.

A voice comes from the intercom right beside the door.

"Name." a female voice with a strong latine accent speaks through the intercom.

I jump lightly when I hear her and bring my face closer to the intercom.