F O R T Y - E I G H T

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

Paige's POV

"So all this time that you tortured her and made her believe that you were looking for me was actually-" he cuts me off.

"An excuse to beat the shit out of her right in front of my eyes." he smiles and I pass a hand over my eyes in disbelief.

"You're sick in the head." I squint my eyes and glare at him hatefully.

"What's new, darling? And it's not like you don't want her dead either, since you signed the contract." he folds his arms, giving me a s suspicious look.

I lower my gaze.

Stupid contract...

"I want her here, at my feet, dead or alive, by the end of the week or else you know what happens." his voice is now serious, just like all the times he threatens to kill the love of my life.

"I know... you'll kill Ethan..."

-----

Hailee's POV

"It all started two years ago..." Ethan begins and heaves a sigh, lightly frowning his eyebrows.

"Actually, take that back. It all started when I was 12 years old... I met this incredible girl, her name was Lia. She had the same features as you; light brown hair and rose cheeks, except she had brown eyes... A masterpiece, if you ask me. We quickly became friends on the first day of school and we never split separate ways after that. We were wrapped around each other's fingers as if we were siblings. She was hanging out with Grayson and I every single day of her life..." his smile fades more and more as he goes on.

" his smile fades more and more as he goes on

He's talking in the past tense... oh no...

"Growing up I started hooking up with girls and became the school's bad boy... While she, on the other hand, had her eyes settled on someone very specific... Brett Wellens. School's biggest bully, but she crushed on him anyways..." he looks down at his hands and I can feel him tense up. I run my hand across the couch and intertwine my fingers with his. He looks up at me and we exchange a light smile before he continues.

"One day he leaked the nudes she sent him to the entire school and I lost it... I wanted to kill him, but I was also mad at her for exposing her body to someone else than me... but fucking hell we were bestfriends, not lovers." he takes a small pause and takes a deep breath.

"The entire school started bullying her. One thing led to another and one day she just couldn't bare it anymore. I found her dead in her bedroom a morning before going to school... she... she killed herself." he closes his eyes softly and swallows his tears. I cover my opened mouth with my shaky hand.

"Eth-"

"You remind me of her. Your physique, your personality... I think that's the main reason why I fell in love with you." he turns to me with tears threatening to fall. I furrow my brows.