T H I R T Y

Ethan's POV

"If you hit that gas pedal then MAYBE we could have a chance to catch them..." Grayson rolls his eyes and I tighten my grip on the steering wheel. I stare blankly at the road.

They need to come back...

She needs to come back...

My grip loosens and I hear a scream.

"Ethan!" Grayson yells and I automatically bring my gaze up. A huge truck comes in our direction. I quickly turn the steering wheel to the right and we dodge him by a fraction of second. I take a deep breath and glare at the road.

"Relax, dude. You're thinking too much..." Grayson lays a hand on my shoulder but I aggressively flinch away from his touch.

He rests his chin in his hand and sighs.

"I know you only want to save one of them E.
I know what you're thinking. And I won't let it happen. I won't let you fall for her-"

"I already fell in love with her Grayson. There's no turning back now." I sigh and close my eyes for a quick second.

Grayson's POV

Fuck.

I should've seen it coming...

I stare outside my window and try to see if I can find a grey Mercedes in the buildings' parking lots.

I can't see anything, it's too dark outside.

"Grayson?.. Grayson! There!" Ethan shouts and brings me out of my thoughts. I quickly look at my left and spot the grey Mercedes in the parking lot of a cheap motel.

"Pull over!" I shout and Ethan hits the brakes. We pull over as fast as possible and run out of the car.

Hailee's POV

"I wish they would forget about us honestly. It's not like we will ever get back together with them..." Paige mumbles in the palm of her hand as she stares blankly outside our room's window.

I sigh and look down.

Maybe she's right...

Maybe I will never get back with Grayson...

I bring my gaze up and look at her.

Her eyes widen and she quickly removes her hand from her mouth.

"Fuck, they're here!" she yells and runs to her suitcase. My eyes open wide and I rush myself to the bathroom. I try to pick up my stuff as fast as I can. I run back in the room and throw it in my backpack.

Paige quickly zips up her suitcase and we stumble out the door. As we're about to run to the entrance, we see Ethan and Grayson walking in.

Our eyes widen.

"Fuck!" Paige shouts and we both spin our heels around and take off in the opposite direction.

"Paige! Hailee!" Ethan and Grayson both yell and start chasing us. We run faster and faster.

"Exit door to your right!" Paige shouts behind me and I take the next hallway to my right. I push the door open and we run out of the building.

I hear their footsteps behind us.

"No time to take the car, just run!" Paige yells and I do as I'm told. I run my ass off.

 I run my ass off