F O R T Y - T W O

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

Hailee's POV

I gently press my hand on Jared's chest and slowly push him away from me to break the kiss. I furrow my brows and look at his lips, trying to proceed what just happened.

"Umm... I... Uhhh..." I clear my throat and replace a strand of hair behind my ear. I bite the inside on my cheek while running my thumb over my bottom lip.

"I don't think I'm ready for..." I look up at him and he smiles sadly.

"I completely understand. I'm sorry if I put you in an uncomfortable position." he stands up and takes both glasses of wines in his hand. He gives me a quick smile and walks away to the kitchen.

I slowly stand up and wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. I pull on the hair tie that held my hair up in a bun and whip my hair around to let it fall on my chest.

Jared walks back in the living room. He shows me his hand.

"Come on, I'll show you your bedroom." he smiles. I grab his hand and follow him upstairs.

He opens the first door to the right after the stairs and my jaw drops when I step in the room.

"Wow..." I walk around and trail my fingers on the fourniture. He chuckles behind me.

"I'll let you get some sleep. I'll be downstairs if you need me." he exits the bedroom and closes the door on his way out.

I hear a click and I furrow my brows. I walk to the door and pull the handle down to open it.

It's locked.

"Uhh Jared?!" I shout and I feel my heartbeat increasing.

I put both of my hands on the handle and wiggle it around.

"Jared why the fuck did you lock me in?!" I yell. A drop of sweat beads on the side of my forehead. I gulp anxiously and look around in panic.

I back up and run to break the door open.

I smash my shoulder against it and fall on the ground. I bring a hand to my shoulder and grunt in pain.

"Fucker!" I stand back up and wipe the side of my mouth. I run towards the door once more time and crash my whole weight on it.

This time, an electric discharge surprise me.

I fall paralyzed on the ground. My eyes widen.

-----

Author's note : For a better reading experience, put on the song "Believer" by Imagine Dragons 😏