F O U R T E E N

Friday PM

Damn today was a long day. I never thought I'd see the end.

The final bell rings and I rush myself to my locker. Grayson is leaning against my locker, talking to Ethan, Becca and Aaron.

As soon as I arrive, Becca glares at me and takes Aaron by the hand. She pulls him with her and they both walk away.

What the...

"Hey babe." Grayson turns around and smiles when he sees me. He leans in and pecks my lips. I wrap my arms around his waist and snuggle my face on his chest.

"Get a room, you two..." Ethan mumbles and looks away.

We both laugh.

His gaze meets someone and his jaw drops.
I turn around and notice her.

She's smoking a cigarette with Jack right outside the door. They're both laughing.

She turns around and stares at me while exhaling the smoke

I turn to Ethan and he glares at Jack.

Someone's in a mood...

"You okay, E?" Grayson asks. Ethan storms off and walks away, stomping the ground at every step. Grayson and I look at each other and giggle.

"I'm gonna join them, wanna come?" Grayson leans in and kisses my cheek while rubbing my back. I slightly blush.

"Sure..." I smile.

I hold Grayson's hand as he leads the way to the door. We both walk outside and join Jack and Paige.

"Leelee!" she shouts as she throws herself at me. I catch her and laugh. She pulls back and hands me her cigarette.

"You want some?" she winks and exhales some more smoke.

I look at the cigarette.

Fuck... I've never touched one of these in my life... Last thing I smoke was a blunt when my mom died... This brings back a lot of bad memories.

I look up at Grayson, who's lighting one up and at Jack who's already finishing one.

I bring my gaze back to Paige's cigarette.

"Fuck it." I snap and take the cigarette from her hands. I bring it to my mouth and suck on the tip. I feel the smoke going down my throat, filling up my lungs and making my pupils dilate. I take the cig out and wait a couple of second while closing my eyes.

That's some good shit.

I exhale and a grey cloud forms out of my mouth, delimitating my breath.

"I'm surprised you didn't choke on the smoke, Lee. You ever smoked before?" Paige brings the cigarette back to her mouth and takes a puff.