T H I R T Y - T H R E E

"Ethan?..." I whisper as I open his bedroom door. He tiredly opens his eyes and props himself on his elbows. I silently walk towards him, squeezing my pillow a little harder.

"Can I sleep with you? I can't sleep..." I mumble and he softly chuckles. He pats the free spot next to him and I smile as I walk towards the bed. I lay down next to him and place my pillow under my head. His turns around and falls back asleep within seconds.

My smile quickly fades away as the horrible thoughts crawl back in my mind.

The way she screamed when she saw the lights coming her way...

The way she flew across the road when the mini-van hit her...

Tears start to fall down my cheeks. I try my best to shake the thoughts away but they always come back.

I silently cry myself to sleep.

-----

Author's note : Please don't scream when you'll read the next sentence.

-----

Hailee's POV

I hear a few sounds in my sleep which causes me to furrow my brows. My eyelids slightly open and a bright light blinds my sight.

I grunt in pain.

I move my shoulders a bit and open my eyes once again. My eyes wander around and they land on an unfamiliar face. I narrow my eyelids and stare at the lady.

"Good morning, Hailee." she softly whispers and caress my hand. I furrow my brow and look down at her hand. She removes it and looks away, slightly embarrassed.

"Mhgfhm..." I mumble and I squeeze my eyes shut in pain.

Fuck. I can't talk.

Where the hell am I?

"How are you feeling?" the lady asks as she stands up and adjusts the needle in my arm.

I whimper away from her touch and look at her with round eyes. She chuckles a bit. She sits back down and leans forward in her seat, her gaze not leaving mine.

"Do you remember what happened?" she slightly tilts her head and I look at my feet, trying my best to remember.

Yeah, no... I don't remember no shit.

I softly shake my head and stare back at her and she chuckles while looking down.

"Don't worry, it's perfectly normal. You were hit by a car, Hailee. You had a severe concussion and that's why you have trouble trying to remember anything." she sadly smiles at me and my eyes widen.

I was... hit by a c-car?

"W-where's my dad..." I whisper in a very raspy voice and she furrows her brows and looks at me with wonder.

"Your friends never mentioned that you had a parent..." she mumbles and rests her chin in her hand.

"F-friends?" I furrow my brows and she lightly smiles.

"I'll let them come in now." she stands up and walks to the door. She opens it and shouts for someone in the hall. A brown haired girl walks in and the lady walks out at the same time.
The brunette walks over to me with the biggest smile stamped on her lips.