T W E N T Y - N I N E

"Grayson! Please wait up!" I scream as I run towards him. He keeps walking in the middle of the street. Cars are dodging him by fraction of seconds.

"Grayson!!" I keep crying and running for my life. As I'm about to bounce forward to catch his arm, a car comes face to face with him.

He doesn't move an inch.

Everything seems to be in slow motion.

My eyes widen and my mouth opens.

I reach my hands forward to push him away from the road; but I'm too late...

The car hit him. Perfectly aligned with his chest. He flies meters away before crashing on the ground. I hear a loud crack.

I collapse to my knees and my heart skips a beat. I bring a hand to my mouth.

"GRAYSON!!!"

I wake up in panic, sweating from everywhere. I take a few seconds to catch my breath before looking down at my hands. My fingernails are digged in the palm of my hands because I was squeezing them too hard.

I slowly open my hands and blood start to drip down my skin.

Another nightmare.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom.

I rinse my hands and look up at my reflection. Huge bags appear under my eyes. My complexion is as pale as the white walls.

It's been a week since we broke up...

Just the thought of it makes me want to cry.

My phone rings. I run out of the bathroom and throw myself on the bed, reaching out for my phone on the nightstand. I look at the caller ID.

Paige?!

I quickly answer and bring the phone to my ear. My breathing increases.

"Pa-"

"We need to talk." she cuts me off before hanging up.

I take the phone away from my ear and shut it off, frowning my brows.

What the hell?

I put on the same clothes as yesterday, since I didn't have the time to grab my stuff at Grayson's.

I walk out the door and make sure I have the key card if I come back to the hotel room.

I run out of the building and as I'm about to hop in my car, I hear a loud motor roaming to my left.

A grey Mercedes.

A light smile curls up on my lips.

I walk towards the driver's door and she rolls the window down.

"Hop in. I'll explain on the way." she stares blankly at the steering wheel.

My smiles fades.

I nod and bite my lip. I hop in the passenger seat.

I turn my head to her and stare at her for a few seconds. Her eyes are watery. She hits the gas and we take off at full speed.

"I always knew he had feelings for you." she tightens her grip on the steering wheel. I look confusedly at her.

She glares at me.

"I didn't..." I gulp and look outside my window.

"You must be blind then. Hailee, he was always after you. I've seen the way he looks at you. The way he smiles when he knows you arrive at his house. The way he was kissing you in that video..." I hear her sniffle and I close my eyes shut.