T W E N T Y - F O U R

Author's note : For a better reading experience, I recommend you to listen to the song "Not afraid anymore" by Hasley ;)

-----

"Yeah... no she's fine. She's still asleep... Alright. I'll see you guys tonight..." Grayson sighs before hanging up when I sit up on the bed. I tiredly rub my eyes and look around me.

I've never seen this room before... where are we?

Grayson rubs his eyes and sighs once, his back facing me. I wiggle out of the bedsheets and try to stand up, which causes Grayson to turn around as fast as possible.

"Hailee!" He shouts as he runs over to me. He presses both of his hands on my shoulder to force me to sit down again. I groan and sit on the edge of the bed, interlocking my fingers between his.

"I'm so glad you woke up..." he plants a kiss on top of my head while rubbing the top of my hands with his thumbs. He slightly presses his forehead against mine and we both close our eyes.

"Where are we..." my voice is croaky and rough. The shocks burned my vocal cords...

"I rent a hotel room for the night. I couldn't risk them to follow us to neither of our houses." he slowly opens his eyes and stares deeply into my eyes.

"Who were you talking to?" I tilt my head to the side and force a light smirk, even though my face hurts like hell.

I received one punch too many...

"It was Paige. Ethan was with her. I told them what happened and they said they're gonna leave the house for the rest of the night, just in case Josh tracks them down. They're going to come here..." Grayson looks away while playing with my fingers.

I let go of his hands and wraps my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

He quickly turns to me and furrow his brows.
"What are you doing?" a light smile curls up on his lips. I back up to the headboard while pulling him over me. He crawls on top of me and places both hands on the bed, on each side of my body.

I place a hand behind his neck and bring his face closer to mine. I crash my lips against his while stroking his thigh with my foot.

He pulls back after a moment and furrow his brows.

"We shouldn't do this Hailee... Not right now..." he breathes heavily inches away from my lips.

I keep my mouth shut and slide a hand down his sculpted abs. I make my way down to his belt and slowly unbuckle it. I grip the rim of his jeans and underwear and slide it down.

He stops me before I can go on even more.
His jawline pops a bit as he swallows.

He's thinking...

"I don't want to hurt you..." he whispers as he caresses my cheek and stares intensely at my lips.

"You won't hurt me, Gray. Please... just... make love to me. I need you right now... I couldn't bare to watch them beat you up. I felt weak.
I wanted to hold you and kiss all the places where you were hurt. Now that we're finally together alone, I can hold you and show you how much I love you..." I whisper and cup his cheeks. He looks down with a sad face. I lean in and gently peck his lips.

He gives me a warm smile before looking at my lips. He slides two fingers along my jawline before cupping the back of my neck to pull me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and catch his lips in an embrace.