F O R T Y - N I N E

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

"Please just let him go!!!" I hurl and choke on my sobs as I watch Paige whip his neck and weird sounds start to come out from the back of his throat.

"Paige please... j-just let him g-go..." I sob harder and she looks over at me. She takes out a taser and a smile draws up her lips. She leans down so her face is close to Grayson's and presses the spikes of the taser against his throat.

A light flashes before my eyes and a loud zap reverberates around the room. My eyes open wide and I scream as loud as I possibly can.

His head rolls back and drool start to drip down the side of his mouth.

"I had no choice, Hailee. If I didn't kill Grayson, then Ethan would've been killed instead... and I couldn't let this happen." she walks up to me and crosses her arms.

My eyes don't leave him. I watch the tiny droplets of saliva falling onto the concrete floor. Soon, they become red, as blood starts to mix up with them. His eyes are opened, lifeless.

My body suddenly goes numb. Everything around me seems to fall apart and it's like I'm the only person in the dark room.

She killed him...

A hand smacks me across the face and my head hits the back of the chair, which brings me out of my sad thoughts. Paige leans down and squeezes my cheeks, making sure she has all the attention she needs.

"Hailee... listen to me carefully." she starts to whisper and I furrow my brows, trying to focus on her voice.

"I. Had. No. Choice. Grayson is not dead I can assure you. Joseph threatens to kill Ethan if I don't obey. The only reason I accepted the contract is because he escaped prison and I needed to find a way to catch him. I have a plan, but I'm going to need your help..." she stares in the depth of my eyes and I start to feel dizzy.

"Hailee, stay with me!" she whisper-shouts and lightly shakes my head.

"There are cameras and microphones everywhere in this fucking room. I can't shout at you." she squeezes my cheeks harder to being me back and I nod weakly.

"Will you help me catch this bastard?"

"Who says you're nor lying to me right now? I can't trust you." I whisper through my sobs. She shakes her head in shame.

"I know that what I did was really stupid and I have no excuses for that. But I promise you that once all of this is done, I'm going to let you live your life and I'm never gonna come back." her voice is soft and sincere. My gaze leaves hers for Grayson's, still sitting motionlessly.

"We won't catch him. We'll kill him." I look back at her and a light smirk appears on her lips.

-----

Ethan's POV

"No Kayla, they would've been back by now! It's almost 3:00 AM! This is senseless... They would've answered my calls!" I rake my hands through my hair and pounce around the living room.

"Ethan give them some time! Who knows, maybe they're fooling around in the park and their phones died, it's possible..." she rests her cheek in her hand as she presses her elbow on the couch.

"I'm going to look for them." I start to walk towards the door but she catches my arm and spins me around. I give her a gentle kiss on the lips before removing my arm from her grasp and walking out the door.

-----

Hailee's POV

"Aaah if it isn't Miss Smith I'm seeing right here!" Josh walks in the room but I can't see him, since a bright light blinds my sight. I clench my jaw.