T E N

I come behind Candice and hug her from behind, making her jump and turn around.

"Hai!" she hugs me back and a smile grows wide on my face.

When she pulls away she looks down at my wrists and her eyes widen.

"Hai, what the hell happened? You're all bruised up!" she stares intensely at me as she tightens her grip on my hands.

"There's... something I've been meaning to talk to you about..." I say before pressing my lips together and looking down. I sigh.

Becca comes closer and looks at me with a worried look.

"Grayson-" I begin before Candice cuts me off.

"I swear to god if that motherfucker laid a finger on you I will-"

"Cece let me finish before you freak out.
Grayson and I had sex..." I mumble so nobody around can hear us.

Silence hits the three of us. They both stare at me with their mouths opened wide.

I sigh before continuing.

"After we had sex, he dumped me like he usually does with other girls and we had an argument... and..." I blink faster and take a deep breath.

"The next day he came in the school with Maddison and acted like they were back together-"

"But they are back together, aren't they?" Becca cuts me off and furrow her brows.

"No... it was all acting. Since the beginning of the school Grayson has been stalking me and watching every single one of my moves. He lied to me and told me that you gave him my number and address, but he found it on the internet, I don't know how." I say as I look at Candice. She's shocked.

"He said it was love at first sight... that he broke up with Maddison for me, but he was so scared of loving someone for the first time so he... I dunno, he wanted to prove himself wrong, I guess. He wanted to break my heart and prove that he isn't capable of loving but it broke him and yesterday he confessed his feelings-"

"Is he sane?" Candice asks with a serious voice and crosses her arms.

"Candice-"

"I'm being serious. He's got mad issues. Don't ever get close to him again." she glares at me.

"Easier said than done, he texts me every half an hour! He's obsessed, Cece, I don't know what to do..." I panic and jiggle my arms around.

"I have a plan..." Becca smirks.

-----

"Please remind me why am I doing this?" I sigh as we walk towards the guy.

"To make a clear message to Grayson that you aren't interested." Candice winks and push my back towards him.

What if I am interested..?

Ethan turns around to me as he catches the ball.

"Oh, hey Hailee. What are you doing?" he says as he throws back the ball to the person at the other end of the football field.

"Umm I wanted to talk to you..." I mumble and look down at my feet.

Grayson comes out of the school and jogs towards a guy standing in the field.

He's shirtless... oh god.

Memories from our night together crawl back in my mind.

"Sure, what about?" Ethan asks and groans when he misses the ball.