Chapter Fifty-Four

Marcel's POV

"Marcel?" Veronica quietly speaks. I step in the room and make sure no one saw me come in.

"Yeah it's me," I say and sit beside her on the bed.

"What was all that yelling?" she rubs her eyes and hand her the glass of water I brought up for her.

"I'll explain later," I lightly push the glass up for her to drink. She's slightly shaky and I'm sure still in a lot of pain.

She finishes the water and lays there in silence. I really need to talk to her about this whole situation and I really want to help her. Plus she can't go back to that house. It wasn't hard to get her out but I know she didn't want to leave.

"Veronica we need to call the police," I say and she shakes her head.

"No," she pleads, "please don't. I will be taken away. They'll take me away from here!"

"But you can't live like this," I explain, "you can't live with that poor excuse of a man who beats you senseless."

"Marcel please," she cries, "I don't want to leave here. Please. I hate my foster parents! It's not the first time I've been taken away."

"If you've been taken away before, why do they always bring you back?" I ask, "especially to him."

"Because he goes to rehab and every time he comes out they believe he's a changed man," she says, "and he's not. He never is and never will be. I always try to believe him but he does otherwise. My mothers dead and I'm an only child. He's the only family I have and I just want him to change so I can have at least one person in my life who shares my blood but I know that'll never happen. Why does he hate me so much? Why can't he just accept me as his daughter and treat me like it?"

All this time I thought I had a messed up life. All this time I thought I was the lowlife who gets treated with little respect. I always felt that way, but after this, I can say I have it good here. Even with two selfish brothers. I'm lucky to have them and Gemma. I feel so bad for her. All this time I felt bad for myself and how I'm living, but I actually have it good compared to others. I feel so selfish for not appreciating what I have. Veronica has made me see the light, and now it's time for me to lead her towards it.

"Which is why I want to help you," I say, "Just trust me on this please."

"I trust you," she says and I smile.

Harry's POV

It's been let alone 6 weeks already. Mum and dad went to Maceys parents house after the shocking announcement and she's agreed to take the test after the thousands of times I've texted her begging. She said fine and I haven't seen her since. That changes today. With the approval of her parents and mine, I'm picking her up today for the appointment. Her mother agreed to let me take her since she'll be busy.

"Don't talk to me. Don't even look at me," she says when she enters the car, "I just want to get this over with."

"Nice to see you too," I laugh. I glance at her and she's starting to show. Looking at the small bump on her stomach gives me the chills as I drive downtown to the small clinic for this CVS test.

.....

"Macey Linen," a nurse calls. We stand from the waiting area and walk passed little kids playing on the small chairs and tables filled with coloring books.

The nurse checks her height and weight and escorts us to a small room. Maceys sits on the small bed while I take a seat on the metal cushioned chairs next to it.

"So you are here to take a CVS is that right?" the nurse asks Macey and she nods.

"You are aware that it is a DNA test right?" the petite nurse looks at me.