Chapter Eighty-Eight (The Finale)

Edward's POV

Sebastian literally hauled ass to the hospital. We were all in shock when Harry said Gemma was going into labor already. It's funny because she just got back from her honeymoon last night. At least she didn't have it on the plane. That would have made one hell of a story to tell your kid when he's older. "I had you on a airplane in the aisle of the seats and all the passengers watched." Ha.

We get to the hospital and dad meets us in the lobby. We are all in our suits and dresses. Oddly, there are a couple of people in the lobby who are looking at us. Then I realize, we all still had our masks on. We take them off and laugh a little.

"How is she?" Marcel asks dad.

"I'm not sure," he rubs his hand together, "they took her in immediatley and Jeff and your mum are in there with her. She's really close."

"How long have you guys been here?" I ask.

"An hour after you left for prom," he smiles with guilt.

"You've been here for 4 hours and you're barely telling us now?" Harry confronts our father.

"Gemma said not to," Dad informs us, "we respected her word that we tell you before the baby arrives."

"But how do you know when the baby was going to arrive?" I act smart with him, "it could have been born an hour ago and you wouldn't have known it would have been born right now."

"What?" Harry look at me, "that didn't even make any sense!"

"Did it?" I raise a brow. Harry gives me a disapointing blink and walks away.

"Well she hasn't had the baby yet," dad points out, "so you're lucky."

I shake my head and go sit on the lounge chair. I hope all goes well.

Marcel's POV

We sit and wait for another 3 hours in the lobby. Edward has fallen asleep and I think Veronica is about to as well.

"I'm so excited for her," Veronica rests her head on my knees. I smile down at her and stroke her beautiful hair.

"Me too," reply. It's 2 in the morning and I try to stay awake for Gemma's sake. I'm so excited for this baby to come.

Harry's POV

"This is exciting isn't it," Olivia is wide awake and so emotional about Gem and Jeff's baby.

"Mmhmm," I close my eyes then open them again. She smiles at me and it's the best thing in the world to see her happy with me.

She plays with my hair. She's really hyper right now and I haven't seen her this enthusiastic in ages.

"Are you happy?" I ask her half asleep.

"Yes! I love babies," she says.

"No, I mean about us being together," I place my hand on her knee.

"You never asked," he index finger taps my nose, "but I think we should take it slow."

"How slow?" I ask.

"I think we should wait to officially be together," she goes from playing with my hair to playing with my hands, "do it the old fashioned way."

"Like go on dates and watch drive in movies," I tease.

"And go out for lunch every Sunday morning, listen to records and dance on the porch at night," she smiles.

"Go to the county fair so I can win you a stuffed animal," I go on.